• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 puked oil!

Thanks alot for the info. I will began this process as soon as I get back in town after the holiday.

wizzo said:
i follow indashop's pcv method

i tied the pcv tube on the passenger side valve cover into the pcv on the back of the driver's side valve cover together with a T and then to a catch can that indashop has shared with the world :dblthumb:

91102213~1_L_160fa3a4.jpg

you can get these from speedway or jegs or who ever

then from the tube that sticks up the catch can to a vacuum port on the intake

this way if your on your side, lid, whatever, oil from the heads gets caught in the catch can and not directly into the intake. also with this method, your still getting the vacuum draw you want from the intake to the heads.

Thanks Wizzo

zukiscott said:
I hate I missed you CRASHING the beamer buggy man :woot: :woot: :woot:

You didn't miss anything. Most of the time I would hit reverse and back out when it leans real hard like that, but this time I wanted to see if I could drive it out. I am glad it flipped on it's lid where it did because I now know to correct the oil issue, and it was easy enough to flip back to its wheels before it poured out too much oil. That turned out to be one of the funest trips I have been on yet, even though I probably scared that ole boy for life. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size]

I've checked out the discussion on Pirate and Im going do to this before my next trip. What size hoses to you recommend when you say larger lines? The connections on that catch can look pretty small anyway (maybe 1/4?) Im not racing but wheeling at places like harlan we do have long uphill pulls that we haul ass on..