• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 puked oil!

Bahama Bob

So whats the trick to keeping oil from running out of the air cleaner on these 6.0? I have laid my buggy on it's side several times without any issues, but this past weekend it came to rest totally on the roof and puked about a half quart of oil into the breather. Once we flipped it back to it's wheels I had to take the system apart to get the oil out of it because it was dripping onto the manifolds.

Any suggestions other than not flipping? :spin:

So I go wheeling while you girls are out getting your nails done, then y'all wanna come back and give me a hard time about my driving. Gee was your cosmopolitan mag not any good this month? [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size] :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

re-route the PCV lines that run from the top of the heads to the intake. lots of ways to do it. Some are right some are wrong, some are half right. some ways work for crawling but not for haulin'

InDaShop said:
re-route the PCV lines that run from the top of the heads to the intake. lots of ways to do it. Some are right some are wrong, some are half right. some ways work for crawling but not for haulin'

[size=10pt]Okay. I will began to study that next. So what is the benefit to having the intake turned backwards? [/size]

i follow indashop's pcv method

i tied the pcv tube on the passenger side valve cover into the pcv on the back of the driver's side valve cover together with a T and then to a catch can that indashop has shared with the world :dblthumb:

91102213~1_L_160fa3a4.jpg

you can get these from speedway or jegs or who ever

then from the tube that sticks up the catch can to a vacuum port on the intake

this way if your on your side, lid, whatever, oil from the heads gets caught in the catch can and not directly into the intake. also with this method, your still getting the vacuum draw you want from the intake to the heads.

i know i posted it on Pirate, did I post on here as well?

anyway, only changes I'd make is if you plan to do some haul ass racing where you have long pulls on the pipe, you need to consider 1: going back to the intake for vacuum, and 2: upsizing the hose size. If going back to vacuum you may also look at throwing and old SBC style PCV valve inline to try and keep the motor from trying to slurpee out of the resi if on your side and it fills up.

got a link to the writeup on this? I got really off camber messin around at harlan last month and got some oil in the intake... took forever to burn off kindof a PITA :****: