• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Your rig's audio system and audio question

al1tonyota said:
How old is your radio? Bugejs has RCA outputs and USB

Bought it this year. It has inputs for RCA ipod stuff and a USB but no amp pre-outs.

I just bought a used Droid 1 on ebay for $34 shipped to use for an MP3 player molaugh sounds dumb, but there aren't many mp3 players out there that actually have the option of creating your own playlist after music has been loaded onto the device. Plus I've always got a backup smart phone if I destroy my Droid 2 ;D ....and it's got a 5mp camera for taking pics/vids on the trail without running my phone battery down. :dblthumb:

Should be able to use wi-fi connection and download the mp3 downloader app "Gtunes" that I use on the Droid 2 that I have now and get all the music I want.....FO FREE and straight to the device. No hooking up to a computer.

I would just say to hell with it and use my phone for mp3 player since it's already loaded with music and personal playlists, but the damn headphone input jack is messed up on it and glitches the mp3 player into pausing a song at random times. Which I could not deal with on the trail....I'd go into drunken rage and stomp it in the dirt molaugh

Josh, you should have turned mine on at Gray Rock. Mine is plenty load and very clear. Liquid Audio wake board speakers and a cheap Walmart amp controlled by an MP player or my phone.

twentyfootdaredevil said:
Josh, you should have turned mine on at Gray Rock. Mine is plenty load and very clear. Liquid Audio wake board speakers and a cheap Walmart amp controlled by an MP player or my phone.

I read alot about the liquid audios! They all have awesome reviews. I figured since I already have speaker boxes for 6x9's, giving $90 for the Infinity's is alot cheaper than paying $200+ for a set of wakeboard speakers + enclosures. Although it would be handy to have them mounted on the exo cage instead of behind the seats, but it'll still work out. By the time I buy an amp wiring kit from Walmart, should only have about $165ish in the whole system...not counting the $30 I gave for the speaker boxes a few months ago.

mdo817 said:
JD while doing a little looking to replace the old stereo in my boat I ran across this for under $100, it seem it would work good in a trail rig also.
It will fit in a 3" guage hole in the dash, still have not purchased one but plan on it.
MILPRV15.jpg

MILLENIA PRV15 AM / FM / USB 4X40 WATT GAUGE STYLE DISPLAY

Marine USB/MP3 player
Radio AM,FM receiver, Aux-in at the back
4*40W output
Rubber Tactile Action Control Buttons
Meets Astm b117SALT/Fog Exposure Standard
High Definition Positive LCD Display
Bright White LED illumination
Rubber Tactile Action Control Buttons
I got this with 2 speakers and install kit a bass pro shops for 100 bucks. Cant hear it over my open headers on the 350 though!

Re: Re: Your rig's audio system and audio question

Im disappointed in the lack of creativity. Run yo ass up to home depot and pick up some PVC pipe and caps and make your own speaker enclosures, then paint them up and mount em to yo cage foo!

Why the fawk would I go through all that time and money (not much money, but still) when I've already got brand new 6x9 boxes that I bought like 3 months ago? molaugh

The Luke said:
Im disappointed in the lack of creativity. Run yo ass up to home depot and pick up some PVC pipe and caps and make your own speaker enclosures, then paint them up and mount em to yo cage foo!

You can get legit stuff off of ebay for about $30 more than you will have in that setup.

Not including time put in makin it look halfway decent. I'd rather let somebody else to the work molaugh Should start on the stereo install toward the end of this week or next weekend after all my items come in. I know it's a simple task and ain't gonna be the purdiest audio system ever, but I'll try to remember to snap a few shots during install. :drinkers:

Just a joke fellars. I've seen a few guys do that a while back. If you had the stuff laying around, it'd be easy as Hell.

Pretty easy setup on mine. Best part about it was it was all free. Stuff other friends didnt want anymore

2012-11-04_17-40-56_526.jpg

2012-11-04_17-39-44_574.jpg

2012-11-04_17-42-36_273.jpg

2012-11-04_17-39-33_836.jpg

What's the wattage rating for the amp if you remember off the top of your head? If not, no biggie....I've already ordered that cheap Pyle, so it doesn't matter lol, just curious

3usa2ena.jpg

Amp came in the mail today. All the audio systems I've used amps for in the past have just been to power subs. I'm assuming I would use the low inputs for the MP3 to RCA plug just like usual, but my question here is what exactly would the High inputs be for that are located on the far left and right? It came with the high input plugs and loose wires coming off of them to wire to whatever, just wondering what they are actually used for? I know I prolly don't even need them with my setup, just curious what they're for.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Infinity 300w 6x9 marine speakers came in today! Here's one beside one of the old Planet Audios
edave7uj.jpg

Here's both of the Infinitys, can't wait to get em wired!
ugasanag.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL