• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep YJ Build... Bringing back the old memories.

motobilt

"I Build Stuff"
Many years ago just about every build project rolling through the door to me was a Jeep YJ. I had a lot of fun back then. So.... it is nice to get back the roots and build a Jeep YJ once again.

This build will have 4 links front and rear with KING Coilovers. I am working on a back half kit for the frame to make room for the shocks. The suspension is something I have thought a lot about over the past few months. I want to build it in a kit form to make it easy for people to install at home. I am also building a custom aluminum fuel cell to work behind the seat.

I will be posting updates as the build progresses. I will also be updating many more pictures on my website at:
http://www.motobilt.com/blog/projects/custom-build-jeep-yj-4-link-suspension/

jeep-yj-4linked.jpg

Thanks
Dan DuBose

When I got into wheeling I had a YJ on 31's, I used to go to your old site and drool over your builds. I got a lot of inspiration from your builds for mine. I look forward to seeing this one, it makes me miss my old beater YJ though.

Re: Re: Jeep YJ Build... Bringing back the old memories.

Subscribed. Cant wait to see it.

kmcminn said:
Probably built my YJ back in the day!

Yes he did back in his second shop in Dothan for Mike Scott. Does it still have the quarter elliptical rear suspension?

That was a long time ago. I remember that Jeep. Good times. Yeah it was built at the Reeves Street location. I have not thought about 1/4 lip in many years. For a long time it was the thing everyone wanted to do. Let me know if I can ever help with anything.

-Dan DuBose

Ahh, the Reeves location, getting lost on the circle..

Rokcrler said:
Ahh, the Reeves location, getting lost on the circle..

LOL well one positive thing about the circle is if you get lost keep driving and you will see something familiar real soon. :driving:

Seems like forever ago.

Dan

bobo said:
Any idea as to when you will have the back half kits ready sell?

Jeremy

I should have pricing complete next week. I plan to install the prototype this weekend to make sure we are good to go. Let me know when you need one and I will set you up. Thanks for the interest.

-Dan

Will be looking to order in the next couple of weeks so I can finish the 4 link on the Heep.

Let me know pricing when you get it together.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Jeremy

bobo said:
Will be looking to order in the next couple of weeks so I can finish the 4 link on the Heep.

Let me know pricing when you get it together.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Jeremy

No worries. I test fitted the prototype parts. Everything is good to go. I hope to have the price nailed down tomorrow. Call me when you are ready to chat about it. Thanks for the interest in the part.

Dan

Latest posts