• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep YJ Build... Bringing back the old memories.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been very busy in the shop and behind the computer. Check out the 14 Bolt Truss System I am building for the Green YJ Build. I will update soon with the actual part installed. I am working on some other very interesting parts for this build. Updates coming soon.

MB4003-2-14-bolt-truss.jpg

What do you have the wheelbase set at in those pictures? What is the target wheelbase going to be? Looks awesome so far!

Dan, did you draw all of that 14 bolt and truss in SolidWorks? I just started working with SW a month or so ago, and saw some of your SW pointers on IG :popcorn:

Scott F. said:
What do you have the wheelbase set at in those pictures? What is the target wheelbase going to be? Looks awesome so far!

It is rolled out around 112 in the pics. The goal is 114. Thanks for the props.

Dan

jordan7118 said:
Dan, did you draw all of that 14 bolt and truss in SolidWorks? I just started working with SW a month or so ago, and saw some of your SW pointers on IG :popcorn:

No, I did not draw the 14 Bolt. I did design the truss. Thanks for the props on Solidworks. It just takes time sitting and working on it. Lynda.com has some great videos.

Dan

motobilt said:
No, I did not draw the 14 Bolt. I did design the truss. Thanks for the props on Solidworks. It just takes time sitting and working on it. Lynda.com has some great videos.

Dan
Awesome. Thanks for the info! I'm amazed by some of the stuff I see you post up. Hopefully one day I will be able to work SW halfway decent ;D

Any updates?

I have been busy in the shop. I wish i had more time to keep up with the updates. I have been working on some parts that go nicely with the back half kit. Here is the beginnings of a 4 link kit I am working on for the Jeep YJ. Basically it will bolt into the factory skid plate location to locate the brackets forward and back. The brackets will then be welded in place.

Here are a few pics. The skid hangs down roughly 4 inches. If I remember correctly it is closer to 4.25" down. This is not much different than the stock skid. The intended use of this kit is to four link the front and rear of a YJ using full width axles. Both the front and rear upper links have adjustment options.

The lower rod ends are 1-1/4" x 1 and the uppers are 7/8 x 3/4. The lower link frame side mounts are built into the skid to eliminate hooks and allow the belly to slide smoothly onto a link if needed.

The link mounts are 1/4". Some of the internal bracing is 3/16". The skid is a reinforced 1/4" plate.

More updates coming very soon.

You can also find more pics and updates here:
Custom Build Jeep YJ 4 Link Suspension and back half kit by Motobilt | Motobilt Metal Fabrication Blog

motobilt-4-link-yj7.jpg

motobilt-4-link-yj6.jpg

motobilt-4-link-yj5.jpg

motobilt-4-link-yj2.jpg

motobilt-4-link-yj1.jpg

Nice, link setup. Could you modify it for 1 1/4" johny uppper and lowers? What is the price combo for back half and link kit?

smc802 said:
Nice, link setup. Could you modify it for 1 1/4" johny uppper and lowers? What is the price combo for back half and link kit?

I went with the 7/8" rod ends up top to get more clearance for the driveshaft and exhaust to clear. If you would like to buy both the back half and the 4 link / skid as a combo. Call me at the shop. I will make you a deal on both. 334-699-6300

Thanks
Dan

Here is the assembly. It bolts to the factory skid location for alignment only. Welding is required at that point. The skid is incorporated into the part. The skid is roughly 3/8" lower that the factory but it is flat to the lower links to make it slide off things easier. Check it out.

jeep-yj-4-link-kit.jpg