• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New go fast buggy from Tucker's Offroad "Rock It"

Rockwells607

We have crawled and bounced and now wanna try our hand in some racing, this buggy is being built for my buddy eric , quick specs , hp 60 with 35 splines and super joints and ruff stuff cover, sterling 10.25 with ruff stuff cover and disk brakes , full Psc steering, fox 2.0 bumps at each corners and 2.5 14" remote reservoir coil overs , trail ready wheels with 43 sx swampers , ford 5.0 with msd atomic efi connected to c6 and np205, prp suspension seats , chassis is all 1.75 Dom with .188 in heavy hit areas and the rest .125

This buggy is gonna have some cool lines like a bouncer but hopefully meet ultra 4 rules, not sure how many ultra 4 races it will actually attend but the first years goal is to run rausch creek offroad parks race series and maybe a qualifier or two, also be able to relax and trail ride on the weekends with it

Sounds like a good parts list going into it. How soon ya going to have it completed?

Doing any work to the 205 or just running it as is?

have you looked at the weight and tubing size restrictions going into affect next year? depending on the weight you may need to look at 2" tube

I Have a copy of their rules, it's about 3/8" thick, almost makes your head hurt reading through them , some if the rules are understandable but some seem frivolous , the Rausch creek serious and line mountain series is much more layed back, if it passes ultra 4 tech , my understanding is that it will pass any other sanction

rule book is complex but safety is a top priority
this is what i was talking about in particular

6.2.5.2.2 DVWR Under 3200 lb. - 1.5" diameter x .120" wall thickness.
6.2.5.2.3 DVWR 3201 lb. - 4400 lb. - 1.75" diameter x .120" wall thickness.
6.2.5.2.4 DVWR Over 4400 lb. - 2" diameter x .120" wall thickness.

I've been talking To a few ultra 4 guys about it, I'm pretty confident that I will be within the weight of 1.75 tube tolerance but might not have some of the little bling touches he wanted, definatly not going out to win at
Johnson valley next year but would like the ability to run with them

Please give input as the build goes on, I will post periodic pics ... We are newbies to the go fast world and its alot easier changing things now than after its assembled , skinned and painted, we are running through the rule book but its rather in depth and very easy to over look things

I've been crazy swamped in the shop but have made progress , hope to race season opener at rausch creek in April

I will try to update this more but with two turn key builds going and other jeeps and projects time is short to say the least, the msd automic efi is in the mail, for link should be mocked this week and hopefully full roller by next weekend, gonna try having it runnin for rc rock race opener but no paint just test n tune

Jokes! Honestly this is a mild 306 and for the first season we are gonna focus on handling and suspension tuning, getting use to the car etc. just finishing races ... If all goes well there will prolly be a 342 stroker in it next year

Coming along, rolled it outside today to take a good look around at it, this is the profile ...just filling in the blanks with gussets and pannels

Latest posts