• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sexi Sami

onetoncrawler

Mo named it and I found it catchy so it stuck ;D

going to be a simple build, nothing flashy, but I figured it would be something out of the ordinary on here and maybe someone would like to see it

Specs
1.3 - Low Range pullies, header, power steering and GM alternator on propane
6.5 - 1 Samurai T-case
5 spd trans
Trailtough motor mounts, trans mount and mighty kong t-case mount with aluminum spacers

Front axle - Dana 60, 5.38 gears, spool, high steer, Barnes 4wd diff cover, yukon 35spl chromoly outers
using TMR 3/4 ton disc brake kit to save some weight

Rear axle - shaved 14 bolt, 5.38 gears, barnes 4wd diff cover and 3/4 ton disc brake brackets

4 link front and rear with Fox 14" coilovers and PAC racing springs

HeMan Machine Aluminum Links

Raceline Monster beadlocks with the most important piece of the build ---- 39 Krawlers

will post progress below

started out with an old samurai body that Bluetoy (Nick) had laying around

started stripping it down

not much left of the original

then started cleaning up the frame and cut it off right in front of the engine mounts and right behind tub

also had tp cleanrance the tub to clear the seats , I wanted to mount them as low and as far back as possible - which pretty much consisted of using a BFH

Picked up some nice Mastercraft suspension seats from Mo

Frame coming along

then i started working on the hood, this was my first time narrowing a hood and it is a little tricky, I ended up having gaps at the front that I will have to fill in with some thin sheet metal

i think it will clean up ok after a little bondo laughing1

put the big heavy axles on a diet

then started mocking up the 4 link and working on the truss for the front and rear

changed high steer studs to ARP since I'm going to use factory knuckles

got in the Trail Tough mounts - motor and trans are in for good now

got the header on also so I could place the upper link mounts

got all the 4 link parts in to start welding up

I went with Barnes4wd link tabs because they are so simple to install - the correct width is already established and they are already braced - makes life simple

onetoncrawler said:
the most important piece of the build ---- 39 Krawlers
Ats right. Can't wait to hit some trails with you in it.

Been runnin them Trail Tough mounts for years now.....GOOD STUFF :dblthumb:

Also been runnin a Trail Tough Vulcan clutch in the green n purple one bout 8 years now as well,,,its now on its 3rd set of Swampers :****:

Latest posts