• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Podcast?

Eddyj

So I do a lot of traveling and radio programming is horrible. So I've down loaded a couple of podcast so I can listen while driving and flying.
Anybody have any good suggestions?

Half my vehicles have sat.
I've been listening to street outlaws. Wtf happened on the 3rd episode?

Like someone who knows everyone and goes to every race? Could do a 30 min wrap up with the winners and best of show each week. Or just interviews with some build tips. Yeah... to bad, nobody can make that happen.

Just judging by the responses so far I'm guessing that none of these are going to be enjoyed by many here. But I listen to:

Clark Howard: Has good money-saving tips but his greetings to radio callers are almost unbearably fake and some of the calls he airs are from people that should be put down due to lack of IQ. Ultimately I have saved a good bit of money using his advice though.

Radiolab: Super-educating stuff. I'm never disappointed with anything I hear here. I just wish they put out new material more often. Even the stuff they do that is about stuff I disagree with / don't like becomes universally interesting. (Recently they did one about gay Israeli couples having babies via surrogate mothers. Not something I would normally give two F's about but was super-interesting and educational.) This is a truly international podcast in that some of their stories take years to research and the authors travel the entire world on leads. I have no idea how they pay for it all. In one of their episodes they said they had 40 reporters currently in like 30 different countries and that some of them don't come home for a year or two at a time.

Invisibilia: Another educational one all about stuff you normally don't think about or take for granted. Again, wish they came out with new episodes more often.

Serial: They are in between seasons right now but this quickly became the #1 podcast in the world and is world-famous. It is a female reporter who does in-depth, unbiased, investigative reporting on real-life criminal cases. The author is very intelligent, good at coming at stuff from original angles, and makes you think from all perspectives. The end of every episode leaves the entire world hanging on a cliff. One season covers one case in-depth.

Stuff to Blow your Mind: This is 2 dorks who basically learn a bunch about random-ass topics and then educate you on them. I don't listen to every episode. Some are just f-ing retarded. But others are really interesting. I give the first 5-10 minutes of every episode a chance and then skip it if it hasn't caught my attention yet.

I also listen to Mark Levin and Glenn Beck but in small doses. After a while I just want to kill myself if I listen too long.

patooyee said:
I also listen to Mark Levin and Glenn Beck but in small doses. After a while I just want to kill myself if I listen too long.

I will agree on Levin and Beck, but I find it hard to listen to things I don't agree with. Somewhere between Jellico, Tn and London, Ky is pretty much a radio dead zone, with only bluegrass gospel, preachin' (without the g on the end), and NPR. I tried to listen to NPR and they were talking about the summit on the fictional man made climate change, all was pro-greenie ****, ZERO anti. I made it about 10 minutes before I plugged in my phone and listened to Pandora for the rest of the trip. **** liberal radio, there's a reason that **** doesn't survive commercially without a .gov agency propping it up.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I will agree on Levin and Beck, but I find it hard to listen to things I don't agree with. Somewhere between Jellico, Tn and London, Ky is pretty much a radio dead zone, with only bluegrass gospel, preachin' (without the g on the end), and NPR. I tried to listen to NPR and they were talking about the summit on the fictional man made climate change, all was pro-greenie ****, ZERO anti. I made it about 10 minutes before I plugged in my phone and listened to Pandora for the rest of the trip. **** liberal radio, there's a reason that **** doesn't survive commercially without a .gov agency propping it up.

I think the reason I want to kill myself when I listen to them is because I agree with them too much which means there is no hope for the country.

Well JJ you spoke up too late.
I did listen to all 8 episodes of street outlaws. Cheif and Shawn.
If you need to kill some time the episode with Jeff lutz is funny.

I use an app for Android called Pocket Casts. You can subscribe to any podcast you like and set it to auto-download however many episodes you want so they're available any time. I think these features are fairly standard for podcast apps nowadays. If it weren't for that app I wouldn't listen to any. I'm not disciplined enough to bookmark every one open the bookmark every time.

Re:

A new one called More Perfect is now my all time favorite. It's by the producers of Radiolab which is probably my third favorite. It's about supreme Court decisions and how they have changed the country.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk