• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

photobucket took my pictures off

David Scott said:
they want 400 dollars to put them back on has anyone else ever had this happen

Total **** show!
They nailed everyone!
Old build threads, all forum linking, rendered useless.

So pissed!

I must still be under their limit. Time to remove some old pictures.
So what is everyone else using?

Dang that sucks. Are they saying bandwidth exceeded or what?

Back in February I noticed my Photobucket pictures weren't showing up anymore. Emailed them and they said there was a technical glitch with odds of 1 and a billion of occurring. Since it occurred in my account, all 2300 photos were gone for good and they had zero backups.

Mine was still working until yesterday, then I got the email about upgrading my account for $400. Killed my build thread I've been updating for several years on another forum. Just photobucket doing their part to kill of tech in forums.

So I can see all of mine when I get on my PhotoBucket app but the links aren't working here obviously.

What is everyone doing to remedy this?

Thanks

Re:

I noticed it on a thread on a different forum this morning. It was a nice thread on transmission rebuild. Went to look at the pics again today and Bam all say need to upgrade. Hopefully they got hacked or some crap and they just didn't kill all the tech threads out there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Lol. Don't be too worried. Soon they will fabricate a replacement and you'll send years worth of photos there that they will store and use at their discretion again and you won't think twice about it.

I'm sorry that I don't share my personal info online with you guys. I think the fact that I don't effects my credibility here sometimes.

I just refuse to give complete strangers here and around the world access to me, my family and my life without my direct permission.

Bummer guys. Hopefully you'll get your pics back

jeeptj99 said:
That sucks ass. Is there another way to link pictures like you could with photobucket?

Save them to Google Drive or DropBox

Then use IMGUR to load onto forums. IMGUR doesn't save/host the pictures in a retrievable "bucket of photos", but it does host them for forums, sharing, etc etc. Then you are also only uploading the ones you want to be on the internet also...not just dumping all your photos out onto the internet just to have them saved somewhere. Use the cloud for that...its secured WAY more than photobucket or any other free hosting site.

slravenel said:
Save them to Google Drive or DropBox

Then use IMGUR to load onto forums. IMGUR doesn't save/host the pictures in a retrievable "bucket of photos", but it does host them for forums, sharing, etc etc. Then you are also only uploading the ones you want to be on the internet also...not just dumping all your photos out onto the internet just to have them saved somewhere. Use the cloud for that...its secured WAY more than photobucket or any other free hosting site.

I may have to try that. I'm just frustrated, I've posted hundreds and hundreds of pics to this site.

It's been so ad-infested for so long that it's unusable.

I've just become accustomed to losing all my photo hosting every 3-4 years or so... laughing1

smbroady82 said:
I may have to try that. I'm just frustrated, I've posted hundreds and hundreds of pics to this site.

were those your only copies of the pictures? and were they important pictures?

If they were...I would almost consider paying the $400 for one time just to get all of my data back. But if they are just a bunch of random junk pictures...cut the losses and start hosting on your own cloud going forward. Information storage is CHEAP these days and is only getting better. You have multiple gigs of free space available between Google and Dropbox...and even more on the iCloud. If you run out...you can get more for a couple bucks a month.

I know its frustrating...but photobucket is/was a dying thing (hence why they are probably trying to snake people out of $400...need some cashflow!)

photobucket has sucked for years, too many pop ups and too slow to load. I've been using Google Photos for as long as I can remember, Shutterfly works fairly well too but is a little clunky when trying to share an album.

It's a crock of ****...currently working on moving all mine to Google. Thing is I've got over 4,000 on there from WAY BACK WHEN so the majority are not on my Google Photos yet.

I hope this is the death of **** bucket This is probably their last grab at cash to stay alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I hope this is the death of **** bucket This is probably their last grab at cash to stay alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or they're trying to make a quick buck before an inevitable buy out.

On a good note, my build thread is still intact with nearly all pics hosted on photoslut.

slravenel said:
were those your only copies of the pictures? and were they important pictures?

If they were...I would almost consider paying the $400 for one time just to get all of my data back. But if they are just a bunch of random junk pictures...cut the losses and start hosting on your own cloud going forward. Information storage is CHEAP these days and is only getting better. You have multiple gigs of free space available between Google and Dropbox...and even more on the iCloud. If you run out...you can get more for a couple bucks a month.

I know its frustrating...but photobucket is/was a dying thing (hence why they are probably trying to snake people out of $400...need some cashflow!)

I can still access all of them on my apps. I am just afraid I have lost the ability to see all of the ones on Hardline that I posted.
The majority of mine are wheeling pics anyways. I will see if I can dump them somewhere else.

PhotoBucket will not get a penny of my $.

smbroady82 said:
I can still access all of them on my apps. I am just afraid I have lost the ability to see all of the ones on Hardline that I posted.
The majority of mine are wheeling pics anyways. I will see if I can dump them somewhere else.

PhotoBucket will not get a penny of my $.

fyi, don't look like your avatar survived. They've cut off 3rd party hosting unless you pay $399/year which means you can only see your images on on the PB site.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

"Embedding images on a website or in a forum post is a very common practice, with those images usually living on one of the many well-known image hosting websites. One such host is Photobucket, but a recent change to its subscription tiers means many millions of images across the Internet are no longer going to load outside of Photobucket's own site.

The key feature of a Photobucket account we're talking about here is called "3rd Party Hosting." It allows you to embed images from Photobucket in another location on the Internet, e.g. in a forum post or on a website."
[/color]