• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

03 LQ4 to a early NV4500

kensdodge1

anyone put a early say 94 nv4500 to a 02 up LS what flywheel and clutch did ya use? lookin like I can use the late 6.0 flywheel but the clutch disc seems to be the major issue. i'm thinkin i'll just run the 6.0 clutch setup with the early external slave and throwout bearing but figured i'd ask yall

Re:

Sounds like it would be cheaper to go ahead and switch to an automatic?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have '00 5.3 hooked to a Chevy NV4500. I previously had an old SBC that it was behind. I just bought the AA clutch kit but it looks like they just piece it together with all OEM available parts. The advanced adapters bell housing using a fork from a Chevy van or something and a landcruiser 3/4 inch bore slave cyl. The flywheel appears to be from a 6.0 Chevy. The clutch they sent was a LUK, I'll post a pic of the part number. I bet you can order the flywheel and LUK clutch from most parts stores for cheaper or online.

7BBF190C-8B16-4775-B6F7-5C1CB13DC32C_zps9vl8zalm.jpg

AB2F0DC8-9773-40AF-B8D9-A4965887B082_zpscarxqlmf.jpg

LUK 11" Chevy clutch
ACA1EACA-37D8-42E6-9F57-F42423D8B626_zpsvk9m5kj0.jpg

ya I have seen that flywheel but it goes for around 350 bucks I can get the correct 2004 LQ4 flywheel new for around 63 bucks but that clutch your using is way to big for the LS flywheel so ya end up with a a portion of the clutch not engaging the flywheel.
so I figured I would just get the stock 04 clutch and run that but a lil concerned about the throw out bearing to pressure plate engagement

If you don't want to buy the kit, why not just call and get the part numbers for what they use and buy all the pieces individually?

I have and the flywheel is $350 bucks and the rest of the parts are ridiculously overpriced in comparison too what I can buy them for. As I said my only concern in doing it my way is throw out bearing to pressure plate engagement and just wondered if anyone had done it this way

Latest posts