• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'03 Tacoma 3" lift recommendations needed

cameronb

My buddy is lifting his '03 rig 3" and wants to run 33s. He will be using it mostly for a daily driver, with occasional mild offroading. What do you recommend? (I have no experience w/toyotas...)
So far, I've looked into the AllPro kit, minus the a-arms, which runs 1130 + s/h.

Cameron

I have a 2001 with King coilovers ($900.) adjusted to 2.5" over stock. It drives great, but it only clears 31" tires (perfect for my daily driver). I still need to put 1" blocks in the back and have it alligned. Any lift over 2.5", you should have new upper arms and a diff drop bracket.

I would definitely run and adjustable coil over. Forget the spacers or blocks. Check out ttora.com you might be able to find a used one for a decent price there

A freind of mine has the spacers only and he can't keep cv boots in it. Too much angle maybe?

3" lift and 33's will rub esp if they are 12.50 wide

i had 5" lift on my '04 to clear 33x12x50's off road

for 3" any of the spacer lifts will work fine, i suggest an AAL for the rear instead of a block

Thanks all.

Any brands that you recommend in particular?
Who's a good business to buy from?

Where exactly do 33x12.5's rub w/3" lift? Would less backspacing solve the problem? If not, what about the 33x10.5's?

Your thoughts on OME suspension?

Have the 3" Toytec lift with OME 885's up front and Alcan AAL in the rear, probably best compromise between spacer and coilovers.

you are such a tard... i had the 2.5 OME also

normal_DSCN1515.JPG

Had. :fawkdancesmiley: