• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

04 Suburban Brake controller issue

xjone

hope someone can help me. putting in a brake controller and followed the instructions and located the plug in under the dash. plugged the 4 wires in just the instructions say and I get nothing. no power nothing. I have played with it and cant get it to register. someone help me? maybe my wires are crossed but according to the instructions its correct. searched on the net and found again that its wired correct. check fuses and no fuses are blown. put power to the brake controller and it lights up. any suggestions?

check the fuse under the hood in the fuse box there will be 2 of them 30 or 40 amp they should be marked as stud 1 and stud 2 on the lid

Also, twice I've run into issues with the plug. If you got the pigtail at a parts store they likely sold you the wrong one. In 2003 they switched 2 of the wires around in the plug so if they sold you one for a older truck that is your issue (They look exactly the same). I can't remember for sure but I think the red and blue wires are switched in the plug.

Like Jack said, My 2003 was missing the TBC fuse under the hood when I bought it new.

Good luck:beer:

also i have had some where the factory didnt connect the wire to the stud under the hood you will need a M8X1.25 if i remember correctly on the nut size:eeek: good luck.:beer:

Some of the Duraturds have a TBC relay that isn't there from the factory---they are located in the pass side kick panel IIRC....drove me nuts the first time I installed one in these trucks!!!