• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 Ton Big Block Squarebody Suburban

kickdeez

1990 GMC R2500 Suburban SLE (Originally 2wd and automatic)
190k??? miles on the odometer
TBI 7.4L gas motor - Rebuilt by previous owner right before I bought it 7 or 8 years ago (approx. 20k miles ago). Runs strong and reliably. No leaks and no hiccups. Motor never gives me any problems.
SM465 3 speed plus granny gear - Pulled apart, inspected, replaced all seals, and put back together with newer style aluminum top cover with "short-throw" shifter and new shifter ball and socket. Shifts great, doesn't pop out of gear. No problems. Ram performance clutch kit. All done between 5k and 10k miles ago.
GM Figure 8 Pattern NP205 - Rebuilt with all new bearings, seals, etc. and has NWF 40 pulse VSS tail housing which works with the electronic dash. Brand new cast aluminum adapter from AA between the transmission and tcase. All done at time of transmission work.
Early dodge kingpin 60 with new wheel bearings, seals, and fresh kingpin rebuild. Lugnut 4x4 disc brake kit with lots of life on the pads. Done within the last 5k miles. 3.54 gears.
14 bolt full floater rear with fresh drum brakes and wheel cylinders. 3.73 gears.
2.5" rear shackle flip kit, 3" steel lift blocks and all new spring bushings and bolts.
Tuff Country 2" HD lift springs in the front with correct offset bushings for Dodge spring perch width. Custom fabricated front drop spring hanger
Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners.
Reinforced rear 3' of frame and receiver hitch.
ORD engine HD crossmember and HD motor mounts.
2ish year old dual optima yellow top batteries with isolator.
York belt driven on board air compressor. Front bumper is also an air tank with quick connect fitting for air hose and tools. Bumper is extremely stout.
Warn 9.5ti with new solenoids.
(5) very new 35" Toyo Open Country A/T II. Less than 2k miles.
Trailer brake controller.
Lots of components replaced within last 5k-10k miles - PS pump, PS hoses, steering box, Hydroboost, brake master, clutch master, clutch slave, alternator, starter, yada yada...
Lots of other little odds and ends replaced/upgraded with Offroad Design and/or DIY4X parts.

Interior is complete, but is dated. Dash is cracked, but there's a decent pad over it. Seats are not torn or beat up but the driver side is a little worn. It has all 3 bench seats. I also have a very nice set of factory bucket seats, a center floor console and an overhead console for it.
Power windows and door locks (windows are slow, but all operate).
Has great heat. Replaced all A/C components a year or 2 ago with brand new compressor, lines, dryer, orifice tube, etc., then almost immediately I accidentally punched a hole through the low pressure hard line for the rear A/C. So the hole needs fixed, and she just needs to be charged back up.
Exterior is ok. Clear is peeling or gone from roof and hood. Dent in driver front fender and dent/hole in hood. Passenger side rear barn door has a patch panel. Driver side barn door has a dent. Button is missing from handle, but it is still operable and still locks.
Have a set of factory running boards to go with it.

It's a great driver/cruiser. Hop in it and take off. I daily drove it for a while when I first bought it. Then I towed with it for a while. I bought a new truck 3 years ago, and this just kinds sits on the back burner as an ongoing project. I was working my way towards making it a dedicated tow rig/camping rig. It really needs a deeper set of axle gears and an overdrive transmission for towing. I have a newer model 90k mile NV4500 to swap in - just haven't gotten around to it. AA makes a swap kit including bellhousing and tcase adapter to retain the existing clutch components and tcase. This has been a 2nd, and, at times, a 3rd vehicle for me. I have tinkered with it over the years, maintaining and upgrading as I go. I don't use it much, and generally find other things to tinker on instead these days. I drive it to work a couple times a month, and start it up in the driveway regularly to try to keep everything in good running condition. Don't have to sell it, just don't do much with it, so I'd be okay with seeing it go to someone who wants to use it.

$10k firm. Will come with all extras (NV4500, seats, consoles, running boards, etc.)
Located in Charlotte, NC.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I have an A/C line repair kit on the way, so A/C will be fixed soon.

Got a new toy this weekend, so this thing just got pushed further back on the priority list. Would love to see it go to a good home.

I'm open to cash offers (no trades), but it's for sale, not on sale. I can keep the NV4500 and knock some off the price.

Post on CK5 if you haven't already
I didn't realize you had to be a paying member to post on the classifieds there. Would you, or anyone else, be willing to post this for me there? I can add an email address and/or phone number to be included with the ad so people can contact me directly with any questions.

I didn't realize you had to be a paying member to post on the classifieds there. Would you, or anyone else, be willing to post this for me there? I can add an email address and/or phone number to be included with the ad so people can contact me directly with any questions.

Yeah, I can post up on there for you. I've been a paying member for so long I forgot that was necessary. I will need the email address or phone number as you mentioned. I'll just copy and paste your ad here.

Yeah, I can post up on there for you. I've been a paying member for so long I forgot that was necessary. I will need the email address or phone number as you mentioned. I'll just copy and paste your ad here.
That's perfect. Thanks!

704-560-8779
Kyle

Latest posts