• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 ton master brake cylinder on a toyota

dove'd85

anyone running a 1 ton master cylinder on there toyota truck/runner. i no there are a couple of companies that sell the conversion plate

anyways i picked one up a couple months back and just last night i installed it on my runner,

now i have a high and hard pedal with very little braking:eeek: maybe the mastercylinder is just bad?

hip got me thinking that maybe the mastercylinder wont work on my truck because of the volume it put out?

i have stock 85 pu calipers and stock 88 drums brakes in the rear if that matters at all

TIA

Did you adjust the rod on the brake booster to effectively engage the MC? The pedal shouldn't particularly hard if the booster is working properly. Did you bench-bleed the MC to make sure it was moving fluid properly?

Good luck,

David

anyone running a 1 ton master cylinder on there toyota truck/runner. i no there are a couple of companies that sell the conversion plate

anyways i picked one up a couple months back and just last night i installed it on my runner,

now i have a high and hard pedal with very little braking:eeek: maybe the mastercylinder is just bad?

hip got me thinking that maybe the mastercylinder wont work on my truck because of the volume it put out?

i have stock 85 pu calipers and stock 88 drums brakes in the rear if that matters at all

TIA

WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too big. :haha: Drop it down to a 1" MAXIMUM bore and only if you have the larger V6 calipers to go along with those larger rear wheel cylinders.

Did you adjust the rod on the brake booster to effectively engage the MC? The pedal shouldn't particularly hard if the booster is working properly. Did you bench-bleed the MC to make sure it was moving fluid properly?

Good luck,

David

no i did not adjust the rod that contacts the master cylinder i thought that this was a bolt on deal:mad: guess it never really works out that way, and yes i bench bled the master cylinder before i installed it in my truck

WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too big. :haha: Drop it down to a 1" MAXIMUM bore and only if you have the larger V6 calipers to go along with those larger rear wheel cylinders.

see now thats what hip thought to, but why would they make a kit if it was to big? i plan on doing rear disk in the near future along with v6 calipers for my venter fj rotors, will this master cylinder work then? i would rather not buy a 1in master if i don't have to because i don't really have the funds at the moment:rolleyes:

see now thats what hip thought to, but why would they make a kit if it was to big? i plan on doing rear disk in the near future along with v6 calipers for my venter fj rotors, will this master cylinder work then? i would rather not buy a 1in master if i don't have to because i don't really have the funds at the moment:rolleyes:

What bore is the master you bought? 1 1/4"? If so it is just plain too big. Upgrading to a double diaphragm booster will help but consider that I'm running a 1 1/4" master with a dual diaphragm booster on 1 ton axles with large calipers and it is about perfect. Using that same master to fill those 13/16" wheel cylinders and small calipers is just plain the wrong ratio.

What bore is the master you bought? 1 1/4"? If so it is just plain too big. Upgrading to a double diaphragm booster will help but consider that I'm running a 1 1/4" master with a dual diaphragm booster on 1 ton axles with large calipers and it is about perfect. Using that same master to fill those 13/16" wheel cylinders and small calipers is just plain the wrong ratio.

1 1/4 yep, if i run rear disk will it work?

If you run V6 front calipers and 4 cylinder rear you'll have a chance but without a large booster you'll still have a super hard pedal.

If you run V6 front calipers and 4 cylinder rear you'll have a chance but without a large booster you'll still have a super hard pedal.

ok so correct me if i am wrong a v6 and turbo truck came with dual diafram boosters? fawk this is turning out to be more work then i had wanted it to be, that one inch master is looking nice and nice, i just figured with the bigger bore of a chev 1 ton then my brking would be awesome! one two of my old rigs i ran chev 1/2 rear disk/monte calipers with a 1in master and i could lock all four on 37's with ease... guess i will go that route instead. thanks for all the input:cool:

T100, V6 and 3rd gen truck. You can probably find a 3rd gen truck with an aluminum master, that'll be the 1" and it'll have the big booster too.

james not sure what the bore is but i have the original master off the S-10 blazer? its yours if it will help/work.