• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12v air compressor

Eddyj

I got me a 1999 Ford F550 with a Fontaine air ride and bed conversion. The original compressor is gone and replaced with a $89 vatozone special. I turned the max psi down to 50psi to make the compressor last.
I need more psi to level the rear with my heavy loads. So I need a recommendation for a decent 12v pump. Preferably 100% duty cycle. If I want to air up some tires or run air tools. It has a 5-7 gallon tank on it.
I'm not really a "have to have the absolute best" kind of cat, but something I only buy once would be nice.
Anyone have any experience?

Re: 12v air compressor

Waffle... c'mon, c'mon..

cfb7b59224fded890f885bd5786a74e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natedawgxj said:
I had to mess with ya after all ur posts lately. U fukin crack me up. I think ur the new post whore... lol
I've cut back on posting last couple weeeks felt like I was coming off a little douchy.
Nate didn't you let me fill me shocks up with your tank at the tire shop?

I went back and look on patoyee's post he did have a puma(retail $245ish) 100% duty, with decent reviews on pirate. You know if it has decent reviews in that hellhole it can't be complete junk. So I might look into it.
Actually the one that came on the truck is the $89 from oreillys. Isn't bad at all fills the 5 gal tank pretty quick and doesn't draw crazy amps, but like I mentioned it's only filling to 50. I'd like to have 100psi in the tank.

I have a Viair 400p. I bought it on ebay for $150 about a year ago. No where near 100% duty cycle but has a max PSI of 150. Inflates large offroad tires really fast. Not sure if it would help in your application but it is essentially the same compressor they use in their air ride systems except this one is designed to be portable.

http://www.viaircorp.com/portables/400p/

I have been running the puma for about a year now. It's used every trip for arbs and occasional tire with no problems so far. Kinda loud but I have it mounted right behind the seat. I have the Viair 400p also and it doesn't seem to put out near the puma. I need to hook it up and see if it fills the buggy tank any faster.

Latest posts