• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

13 or not

skipnrocks

I bought a ford 9 off a guy for my kids buggy project. He guy says they didn't come with a 1310 yoke from the factory but some goofy ford ujoint. But google says it should have a 1310 or a 1330. So who is wrong and how do I know?

Last dumb question. The yoke I have is kinda crusty but tightened as much as my desalt impact can go there is a little gap between the end of the pinion and the top of the yoke that seems like shouldn't be there. Is that accurate

Fords had 2 different 1330 joints, one is a real 1330, the newer joint is a bastard that has 2 caps a different size.

Not sure what gap you are referring to. Pics?

Ok so I'll measure the cap diameter. The gap I don't have a pic but might be able to explain. Should the pinion nut rest against the flat part of the pinion when on tight or will the tightness of the yoke leave a gap between the bottom surface of the nut and the flat of the pinion

The yoke goes in and pushes on the pinion bearing. The nut just does what it does, not sure how you could "see" the gap you are describing ? Or I'm not understanding where your gap is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk