• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt front steer axle build question

ldudley

I need some input from some people with personal experience. Which is stronger ...?
40 spline inner with 35 spline bell, 35 spline outer 300m rcv or 40 spline branik 300m inner/outer with super joints?
And a 40 inner,35 bell and 35 outer 4340 rcv or a 40 spline branik 4340 inner/outer with super joint???
Or just run the 30 spline stock 14 bolt inner with the same options as above.? I know bigger is better always but I'm weighing my options here and most bang for my buck.

14 bolt steer axle build question

40 spline inner with 35 spline bell is about as dumb of an inner axleshaft design as you can get, and a complete waste of money.

Not sure what would posses them to even sell that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 14 bolt steer axle build question

I definitely understand what your saying and I know it's been discussed before. I guess I should have asked which is stronger a 35 spline 300m bell or a super joint and a 35spline 300m shaft or a 40 spline 4340 shaft with a 1480 joint.

Re: 14 bolt steer axle build question

I have some 14 bolt rear steer shafts 300m super joints 30 spline inner 35 outer

carrier/spool/ locker spline - either run the GM 30 spline or 40 spline
shaft spline - 40 spline 4340 will be stronger than 35 spline 300m

IMO - 40 spline shafts and 1480 joints is not ideal.

as far as rcv vs branik (foote unless your getting their new legacy? shafts) - talk to them both and make sure you know what they will help you with if/when you break one.

Rcv has an awesome warranty. They had me a new shaft and Bell in a week for my front 14b.

wizzo said:
as far as rcv vs branik (foote unless your getting their new legacy? shafts) - talk to them both and make sure you know what they will help you with if/when you break one.

Everyone knows rcv's warranty, but what's is Branik's? I've looked around and it doesn't seem to be advertised.

ldudley said:
What setup are or was u running ? And I know their warranty and customer service is great.

I have the shitty 4340 ones. 30 spline inner, 35 spline outer. They'll upgrade me to 300m if I break one for the difference in material cost I just didn't spring for it at the time. Looking back I should have done it just for being able to say I have them but mine only failed bc the snap ring so went back with the free stuff.

I know of at least 5 buggies including one I built with 14bolt front and 500hp range on 43-44" tires that are using 30 spline inner and 35 spline outter 300m Rcv and having no issues .

Branik has 1550 bells already made, just waiting on the joints to get made before releasing them

I'm not sure what their warranty is though - I've never heard of anyone needing it and I've seen plenty of RCV's broke (normal D60 size)