• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

15x10 Trail ready bead locks

TheMasterbater

Any issues running 35x12.50's on 10" rims?? i've heard mixed opinions. some say they dont stay on the bead at lower pressure???

For now im using pro crap Xterrains, plan to get 37x12.50 MTRs next winter when i build a D44

I just bought a set of Aluminum 15X10 TR's slim ring.

Any balancing suggestions??

It is a daily driver :swing:

Not what I would consider IDEAL, but they'll probably work.

And not to shatter your future dreams, but they don't make the 37" MTR in a 15" wheel.

I ran a 35X12.5X15 tire on a steel 10" rim for years with no problems. Never lost a bead and would air down to about 6-8psi depending on what I was running. Balanced them with a bottle of air soft BB's in each tire

so you're buying beadlocks, and worried about blowing a bead, and its a DD so swing on your nuts?
i dont get it, but i think you'll be fine with your purchase.

I ran some 33 X 12.50 BFG AT's on 15 X 10 aluminum wheels with no beadlocks.

I struggled constantly to keep those fawkers on the wheels. Even at 10 PSI.

I ran a 35X12.5X15 tire on a steel 10" rim for years with no problems. Never lost a bead and would air down to about 6-8psi depending on what I was running. Balanced them with a bottle of air soft BB's in each tire

I have 4 bottles of air soft BB's already, perfect!!!

I ran some 33 X 12.50 BFG AT's on 15 X 10 aluminum wheels with no beadlocks.

I struggled constantly to keep those fawkers on the wheels. Even at 10 PSI.

Im hearing in snow especially i'll be having a hell of a time keeping the inner bead on. So i guess I'm kind of prepared for that.

A beadlock manufavcture (wont say which one) suggested taking a cold chisel and forming groves on the inside bead will help. I dont know about trying that just yet

And John, I havent looked into the sizes on MTR's just yet, but thats good to know. what are my other choices for a DD friendly tire that isn't going to wear out in 10k miles??

Try 3M weather stripping adhesive. That's what I've used for years, & it works.
I never had Beadlocks until a year ago, & still used 3M on the assembly.
Works well.

Do not take a chisel to your rims...thats ghetto.

I would do a couple wraps of Duct tape ON the inner safety bead. I also know people who swear by the 3M window sealant. If your super worried about it bring them to TR and I'll build up the inner safety bead.

I would do a couple wraps of Duct tape ON the inner safety bead. I also know people who swear by the 3M window sealant. If your super worried about it bring them to TR and I'll build up the inner safety bead.

This is the only "right" way if it is on the street

For my rig I am lazy. I shot a can of fix a flay in then when they were laying flat on the floor. I have been doing this for years and it works. Also if you get a hole in the tire on the trail, it is easy to know about it

I currently, run 35x10.50x15 boggrs, on 15x8 steel/no locks. In the snow on the dirt & rocks & in the muk, 10 to 5 lbs, and have done so since 2005, and have yet to pop a bead. I also run PRO CRAP ALL SEASONS, 35x12.50x15 on 15x8 aluminum I run them in singal digits and have yet to pop aswell. And they have close too 90,000 mls on'm had them sence 05 as well.

:awesomework:
I currently, run 35x10.50x15 boggrs, on 15x8 steel/no locks. In the snow on the dirt & rocks & in the muk, 10 to 5 lbs, and have done so since 2005, and have yet to pop a bead. I also run PRO CRAP ALL SEASONS, 35x12.50x15 on 15x8 aluminum I run them in singal digits and have yet to pop aswell. And they have close too 90,000 mls on'm had them sence 05 as well.