• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

17" rim off road

uprunner

are 17's to big on 37's for a good wheeling tire, i know smaller is better i mtrs dont come in anythign smaller then 17s in a 37 so im thinking if that will mess up my off road performance ill get 35s or go with a differnt tire

He had better not die, or I will go with him and my new bride will be really pissed. I had to get larger wheels (than the 15s) to clear the calipers on my Dana 60. I ordered 17s and I should be able to pick them up tomorrow.

Another thing with Iroks is my 39.5x13.5/15's are a range C and the 17's are a D. I've seen a pretty good difference in how they can swallow a rock on a light rig w/ similar pressures.

Read this thread:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=943573&highlight=43+stickies

Interesting 'fix' with duct tape in one of the posts, which actually sounds like it would work.

I ran 15" DIY's with Iroks and never had a problem with inner beads... 17's were a different story. First I glued the inner beads, didn't work. Then I welded 3/16" round stock on the inner bead and still had problems with them burping air on the inner bead at low pressure with the tire bound up. Read a bunch of storys like mine on pirate and looked for other options. I ended up turning my 17" DIY's into dual beadlocks with another weld on ring setup on the inside and that has cured the problem for now. I dont think duct tape would have worked at all for me but it may work for others... I hope the new wheels you get have good safety bead lips. :awesomework:

Last edited:
I run my 37x17's on TR beadlocks never once had the inner bead problem

Last edited:
I run my 42 irocs on 17's down to around 2psi never lost an inner bead, my buddy with 36's and TR 17's cant go ten feet without inner bead problems below 8 psi.