• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1966 Pontiac Lemans OHC 6cyl ((SOLD)))

fire6945

Craigslist add here: http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/5973591378.html

Not a 4x4, but thought some on here may be interested.
I have a nice Pontiac lemans with the Overhead cam 6cyl. These are getting rare. If you don't know the history of the motor, do a google search on it. They were only made three years. This car has 72,000 miles on it, 2speed auto trans. Has the protoecto plate with it. I think the car is a 8-9 out of a 10.
The car is a flood car, and has a water damage title. When I got the car, the carpet was damp as if water had got up to the floors. I took the seats out ripped the carpet and sound deadener out, sprayed rust converter on the floor pans and put new sound deadener and carpet in it. I took the door panels loose to check behind them and it all looks good. Still has the plastic behind the door panels. I drained all fluids, none had any signs of water. I went ahead and put in a new trans filter, and sending unit in the gas tank while it was out. The undercarriage looks like it has never been undercoated, and had some surface rust. I went ahead and sprayed rust converter on the whole undercarriage.
The starter and alternator are as low as the floor pans, so I had the starter rebuilt, and put a one wire alternator on it. I went through the brakes, And put an Aluminum radiator on it.
All lights, horn etc.. work. The heater controls slide like new, and heat /defrost all work.
It has been painted. I don't know how old the paint is, but it is in great shape.(it's dusty in the pictures) Price is O.B.O.
Not really looking to trade but may consider some trades and cash my way.
Only old cars, jeeps, sxs, I would consider.

Located in Jonesborough,TN 37659
Call or txt Teddy 423-426-3271
Asking $17,000 o.b.o.

Re: 1966 Pontiac Lemans OHC 6cyl

Damn, I sold this same car a year ago with a 455, solid as a rock with cold A/c for 8500, one of us is bad off! :dunno:

fire6945 said:
Yeah, If if was that nice you gave it away. I always do a CL search over cities all over the US to see what they are asking and compare. And I also go off this
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1966/Pontiac/Tempest/2-Door-Coupe/Values.

If it were a gto it would be going for a ton more than that.

X2

One of my bosses has a 66 Gto 400-4spd and a 67 Le Mans 400-3spd convertible and gave about $20k for each. They are both probably 7/10 imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
X2

One of my bosses has a 66 Gto 400-4spd and a 67 Le Mans 400-3spd convertible and gave about $20k for each. They are both probably 7/10 imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell him about mine, he can have three.

IF.....I were to sell my gto ever I wouldn't take a dime lass than 35k. It's not for sale but I talking hard times (like have to keep the house) kinda sale.

And by the way, lots of difference between a real GTO and a LeMans. Not knocking your car at all man, just going on what I have fooled with, bought a 1970 LeMans GTO clone last year for 12000, 4 speed, rear spoiler, ram air hood, air, power windows, locks, etc. if it had been the real deal, it would had brought around 30k.

Economy also has a lot to do with what you will "get" for your old hot rod. I had a perfact 69 COPO clone that a guy offered me thirty for in 08. A year later I couldn't get an offer for twenty. Ended up taking if apart and selling it. These cars will bring more now that money is getting easier to get. BTW, my sister had a car like that. Weighted about nine tons I think.

Hope the cops don't watch that video it has your tag number and you blew through that stop sign , in ALABAMA they would mail you a ticket :****: