• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1983/84 Toyota

TacomaJD said:
I imagine the $6,500 is scaring everybody off.

:rolf: "I imagine" you should try to build a Truck of this quality to see what the cast would be.

TRUCNUT said:
:rolf: "I imagine" you should try to build a Truck of this quality to see what the cast would be.

I'm gonna try to be nice and just say that I sold this truck for less than what you are asking for that truck...and you were asking $9,500 for it last year!!!

98 Tacoma, D44 SAS, 150k miles, good title, perfect interior, all factory features still worked. Sold for $6k.

I'm gonna try to be nice and just say that I sold this truck for less than what you are asking for that truck

if you were going to be nice you wouldn't posted on this to begin with sooo. :gtfo:

I cant help you gave your junk away :spin:

Just tired of seeing this overpriced rig bumped every few weeks for almost a year. Toyota rigs like this sell like hot cakes when they are priced realistically.

Jd, it nobody's place to tell them how to price their rig. If you don't agree with the price, ignore it and move on. He will get what he's asking or he will reprice when he feels it to be necessary. Either way, this is his sale thread. John is a damn good guy. Let's not drama up his thread. Some things are best to bite the ole lip and move on about.

I bit my lip ever since he listed it last March for $9,500. When he asked what he was doing wrong, after 10 months of looking at this truck, I could not help but to inform the inquiring mind. There's a reason it has not sold yet. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. No drama, just being realistic. For the most part, potential buyers know what rigs like this are worth. No use prolonging it, bumping the thread every few weeks completely perturbed as to why it has not sold yet. It looks to be a solid, simple, capable rig. Price it right, and it will sell.

TRUCNUT said:

$7-8K

with all new parts.

Don't ask what you are doing wrong if you don't want answers...

TRUCNUT said:
thanks man
What am I doing wrong .
figurer this would be goooon long time ago

Is your truck "worth" $6500?

Probably.

Will it bring $6500?

Doubt it.

A couple questions:

Does it have a good clear title that would have no problem transferring?

Does it have hydro assit?

Lockers? what kind?

4.7 gears in the rear case?

upgraded tcase outputs?

The reality of it is, a regular cab propane powered Toyota just doesn't bring that much anymore. Heck, anything with a body doesnt' bring what it's "worth".

I know. I have one.

When I listed the Gremlin for sale for $7000, I didn't even get anyone interested enough to make a real offer.

SO, I decided to just hang on to it instead of give it away. It ain't eating anything, and if I only use it once a year thats better to me than selling it for 4 grand...

A couple questions:

Does it have a good clear title that would have no problem transferring? yes

Does it have hydro assit? yes

Lockers? what kind? spool front &rear with lockouts on front { removed ARB air locker}

4.7 gears in the rear case? yes

upgraded tcase outputs? yes

cromolly front shafts

long slide front drive line

rear disconnect

TRUCNUT said:
A couple questions:

Does it have a good clear title that would have no problem transferring? yes

Does it have hydro assit? yes

Lockers? what kind? spool front &rear with lockouts on front { removed ARB air locker}

4.7 gears in the rear case? yes

upgraded tcase outputs? yes

cromolly front shafts

long slide front drive line

rear disconnect

Cool,

It's a lot more truck than you listed in the initial ad. Maybe better details will get some people interested in it. And maybe some pics of the important parts (driveshaft/suspension/steering)

There are LOTS of Toyotas out there that are junked together. The details are what's going to make it sell for what you are asking.

G

TRUCNUT said:
I cant help you gave your junk away :spin:

He wanted to sell it. It sold.

So the question is, here, do you want to sell this rig in this thread? It's been being bumped for months now. Either it's not listed in enough detail, or it's not worth the cost of the asking price. I've seen friends sell extremely built 22RE rigs all the way down to name brand nuts and bolts for $5k. They looked like Marlin/TG/Longfield catalogs there were so many parts dripping off it. Some even with FToy chassis under $10K.
So, wait for the right buyer. Or sell it for what it someone is willing to pay.

I agree with not enough details. It also has "mods" done to it that most toyota guys dont do and sometimes frown upon, like reversed springs, birf eliminators, etc...
Most guys would just run rears up front and chromo's.

I remember that day! That's the day that I broke my front caliper and almost hit you! Then Patrick destroyed his buggy at the top of 39! Haha good day for sure!

That was a great day of riding for shure think every one limped out that day haha good times great guys to ride with

I was actually considering this truck before I bought mine but the birfield eliminators turned me off. I am just telling you what stopped me not bashing.