• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1985 4 runner wont run

FastEddy

so 1985 4 runner not getting power to the fuel pump. put 12 volts to the pump starts for about 2 seconds and dies.

start the idea throwin....

so 1985 4 runner not getting power to the fuel pump. put 12 volts to the pump starts for about 2 seconds and dies.

start the idea throwin....

Diaphram on fuel rail it sounds like to me'' located by passenger side fuel rail towards cab''

Id try that first, after rebuilding numerous Motors ran in to that problem often:mad:...

Just my .02 cents

that would make sense im sure i have one floating around check er out tommorow

thanks

What sucks is any dry out and ruin the diaphram ,one thats been sitting out that has not had fuel running through it most likely is brittle and bad also $90 bucks for a new one so if u get a different one make sure its out of a functioning vehicle.

run for a second and die from fuel injectors lacking fuel supply to keep running <pressure check> ur fuel system to trouble shoot ur problem eliminate before and after ur regulater and go from there and of course check all fuel relays.

Last edited:
i heard air leaking when the pump was running now that i think about it and it sat for like a year it adds up

i heard air leaking when the pump was running now that i think about it and it sat for like a year it adds up

There also a vacume line that runs off FUEL REGULATER, which regulates the fuel pressure off ur computer along with heat sensors and everything else that regulates fuel pressure...

I bet its the curcit open relay. It runs the fuel pump. Its located behind the speaker on the right side of the dash by the glove box.
They get corrosion on the inside and don't work anymore. It will look good from the out side

I bet its the curcit open relay. It runs the fuel pump. Its located behind the speaker on the right side of the dash by the glove box.
They get corrosion on the inside and don't work anymore. It will look good from the out side

X2 :beer:

This happend to me and i got power to the pump only in the start position. as soon as the truck starts and you release the starter the pump will not have power an the truck will die.

This is your fuel pump relay:awesomework:

good luck!

This would be my first guess. I never had any problems but I have heard of a few problems.

just got done messing with it diaphram doesent leak tryed blowing threw it and if it had a hole it would be pissing fuel

popped the cover off the circut open relay watched the little plunger doobler move how do i test this thing properly or should i just get a new one?

Thanks guys

just got done messing with it diaphram doesent leak tryed blowing threw it and if it had a hole it would be pissing fuel

popped the cover off the circut open relay watched the little plunger doobler move how do i test this thing properly or should i just get a new one?

Thanks guys

The passenger side rear seat lifts up an there is a panal to your fuel pump. remove the 4 bolt holding the inspection plate and plug a test light to it.

My guess is that your only going to have power to the pump while cranking as soon as the rig starts the light should stay on but my best guess is that your test light will go out then you engin will shut off right after.

If this is the case replace you relay and enjoy:beer:

Ps you can get these relays in the junk yard very easy! 10 bucks maybe. autoparts places want an arm and a leg:rolleyes:

OK I just read your original post your not getting power to the pump at all. Check your fuse that sends power to your relay. If your relay is getting power and closing the switch side of the relay then you need to test for power before and after your high current side. It sounds like it could be that too. all you need is a test light and a good ground to test everything.

It really sound to me like your relay is shot:beer:

so i got it started once ran for a while on the old fpr and a hot wired fuel pump but the thing smoked black and back fired after you let off the gas any otherr ideas the thing the last time it was driven it got the **** revved out of it do you think it possibly jumped timing or valves are out of adjustment
if any ones got some spare time i got some beers and some gas money

so i got it started once ran for a while on the old fpr and a hot wired fuel pump but the thing smoked black and back fired after you let off the gas any otherr ideas the thing the last time it was driven it got the **** revved out of it do you think it possibly jumped timing or valves are out of adjustment
if any ones got some spare time i got some beers and some gas money

very unlikely that it jumped timing, but it sounds like your ignition timing is off, if you want some help i will be around tomorrow.. 425 877 9000:awesomework:

Latest posts