• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1987 3/4 ton

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
Any of you guys have a lead on a decent running 87 3/4 ton 4x4 GM truck? Does not have to be great cosmetically, but able to fire right up and drive would be nice.

You dead set on a '87? I always see a few on the local Craigslist, some are nice, some aren't so nice.

nhl_bullitt said:
Eh, not dead set, just figured with it having the TBI there would be better chance of it running properly upon purchase.

The 3/4 and 1 tons in that bodystyle run from 87-91 if that helps

nhl_bullitt said:
I did not know that. I know the IFS trucks were around in 88-89, even 8 luggers. Interesting.

Yeah man, it is called the rv body style. In 91 you can get a fuel injected 454 with overdrive in the "old" body style.

Re: Re: 1987 3/4 ton

muddinmetal said:
Yeah man, it is called the rv body style. In 91 you can get a fuel injected 454 with overdrive in the "old" body style.
I think somebody told me those even had 205s? I imagine someone on here will know for sure. Just heard it on the trail once but never seen one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 1987 3/4 ton

onepieceatatime said:
I think somebody told me those even had 205s? I imagine someone on here will know for sure. Just heard it on the trail once but never seen one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah they had slip yokes though (as did a lot of the 80s 205s)

I believe the 88-91 'old body style' is only crewcab, blazer, jimmy, and some of the cab/chassis trucks.

That said, good luck finding a cheap one with the tbi still in tact...

Most monkeys think that any time ANYTHING goes wrong w em it takes a Holley and chrome valve covers to 'fix' it...

I recently picked up a nice 88 2wd crew cab dually w tbi 454 for a smokin deal so they ARE out there... And I already picked up a 4x4 frame for it.

If you can deal w a 2wd n swap it onto a 4x4 frame it's a LOT easier to find a good one.

gottagofast said:
I believe the 88-91 'old body style' is only crewcab, blazer, jimmy, and some of the cab/chassis trucks.

That said, good luck finding a cheap one with the tbi still in tact...

Most monkeys think that any time ANYTHING goes wrong w em it takes a Holley and chrome valve covers to 'fix' it...

Makes sense. The couple that I have seen, that are newer than 87 have been a dually and dually crew cab.

You should get a thread going for your project if you haven't already.

There is 1 nice looking 87 I have my eye on. Owner has not responded yet though.

I've own and have owned a **** ton of these trucks.

The only 3/4 88-91 was a 4 door 2wd and they are somewhat rare. I know of 1 right now, and its one of the few ive seen in 25 years of head turning for every square body I pass.

Im not saying there never was a 4x4 88 up square that rolled off the line, but Ive never seen nor heard of the rare species.

The TBI on those models was not impressive IMO. Ive got a buddy now that has a 88 up k30 4door with 350 tbi and 4 speed. Its a pig.

I like the k2500 with inline 292 and 4speed.

Good luck im sure you will stumble across one if patient.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=485959

There is a link on the truck built in 88 scroll about half down and there is a pretty good build specs for that year

Sorry for the book report

It may be a long time before I get around to building it but:

When ur ford shits the bed you snag a gm to save the day.

I bought it for $2500... Power windows n locks, cruise, a/c.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 67
gottagofast said:
It may be a long time before I get around to building it but:

When ur ford shits the bed you snag a gm to save the day.

I bought it for $2500... Power windows n locks, cruise, a/c.

That is a hell of a load! Truck looks rust free.

I figure 21kish on the pin.... Pulled it great...
Yeah it's very clean n rust free... Should be a really nice ride when finished.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 70