• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ $3800 OBO

rhgaither

Selling a 1998 TJ 2.5L 4cy. 5 speed. Got this jeep doing a little trading had intentions of building but gotta pay for a wedding so funding is going elsewhere. Has 159k miles. Had head gasket job done about 20k miles ago according to previous owner. Check engine light is on oriley auto part says its an O2 sensor causing it to throw the code. Jeep has miss at low rpms and has a faint tick in the motor. I put plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor button on when I got it. It did improve how it ran but didn't eliminate the miss. When at an idle the oil pressure gauge bottoms out but it doesn't cause it to run rough so I have no clue what the deal is with that. The person that owned the jeep before the person I got it from painted over the tan dash pieces with black paint and that is pealing off. The paint on the hood is faded but other than that the body is very straight. I drive this jeep several times a week about 50 miles round trip to work and it never gives me any problems. 4wd works good. Radio and sound bar fairly new and work good. Soft top fairly new and in good shape.

$3800 OBO No Trades

Birmingham AL

Call or Txt 205-531-6115

low idle miss/tick is more than likely carbon build up on a valve. My 98 4.0 has the same issue with 250k on it.