• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1gen cab swap

blue1gen

hey guys so im geting ready to do a cab swap on my first gen.i've never did a cab swap before so does anyone have any tips or tricks they could share the new cab dose not have the harness under the hood so the harness swap has got me kinda worried so any tips would be helpfull:awesomework:

hey guys so im geting ready to do a cab swap on my first gen.i've never did a cab swap before so does anyone have any tips or tricks they could share the new cab dose not have the harness under the hood so the harness swap has got me kinda worried so any tips would be helpfull:awesomework:

Not sure what kind of equipment you have but make cab as light as possible

I use 2 of these on each side of body then roll out frame w/some small roller tires out from underneath cab.

Plan B call 4 friends over feed them :beer::corn: grab a couple chunks of wood and 2 long pieces of pipe have a guy on each end and pick up cab EVENLY,weld little stoppers in pipe so the heavy cab does not slide down one side of the pipe and take a guys fingers out.Check your clearance under it make sure there nothing you forgot to disconnect then roll out frame make sure engine clears core support depending if there a bed or not still on frame.

or buy one of these if you have the support and head room or other option use a heavy truck with a winch and a snatch block to an overhead support beam.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1300-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-69739-9284.html

CAM00045_zpsdaf70f1d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Are the cabs the same year? If so, it should be easy peasy. Just take pics before you remove anything and mark the connections. If it's a different year then you will need a wiring diagram or just swap everything from your old cab into the new one.