• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.2 ecotech

moto261 said:
and im going to be in to it for a lot less then that :flipoff:

Yeah poor folk like myself just look at the website and say wow that would be cool:mad: I could do the same as you, but even that would be spendy.

darius said:
yeah $8999 get's you a turn key(ready to run) 300 horse motor. I'm not getting you're point?

WOW you can get alot more for less they build turn key stroker 22te 500hp not sure on torque yet but any stroked motor makes good torque and it starts as a 2.4L not that I'll ever afford either

kyle said:
...and folks say i'm crazy for building a 160hp 22R, $8999 for a 2.2l...:looser:

Far from being a loser.... Eco-techs have won a bunch of the Rock Crawl events this past year. Sounds like it's a good start.

Darius said:
If you're thinking moon buggy though the only way to roll is air cooled VW, 200 lbs lighter(lack of radiator and water), all the motor weight is about a foot tall oil pan to top, and hold oil pressure all day right side up or upside down. And they make a nice 220ish hp.

A couple of the teams are looking a little more into the VW engines. Not having to worry about hot coolant and the space for a radiator is really enticing. N&N really had their game on when they built "Tiny".

Latest posts