• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2 wheel to a 4 wheel

toyotalandman

My buddy picked up a 80 2wd for free it was alot cleaner than the 4wd he had so we took the running gear and stuck it under the 2wd. Also on the ajenda is a is a 22re conversion.

since we didnt need the cab any more we gave it to a buddys little brother because he rolled his

Last edited:
we got the front axle under the 2wd it was easy i will post picture of the finished product tomorrow of both projects well near finished

he got the crossmembers so moter tranny goes in the week with or without him that way i can seal the truck back up and see if the efi convesion worked. this is he crossmember that we decided to use and try to tuck it up as high as possible and make a flat bottem we will see hat happens

Last edited:
too bad it didnt have an engine in it when you guys got it. you could've done some wakeboarding behind it while driving on the beach. you might as well have madeuse of the tower that was bolted to it.:wtf: :scratchhead:

running a 22re what were you running when yours cracked? They cost enoughf you would think they counld handle a beating it hard to get good stuff now adays. And that is a exo cage i had no place to put so i set it on the back

Last edited:
i think it is a pretty cool build up. what front springs are you running? did you make your spring perch's up front? seams like the front axle is moved way forward? also why is this thing so tall? drop it a good 4 inch's you will be much happier when you are out on the trail:stirpot:

we got the crossmember already so too late to change wish i could. The front hanger we got from the rental after he linked is he didn't need it dose look far forward the hanger moves it 2'' and the 2wd frame we got sticks out just past the body that helps. They are ''wagy'' of front bought them from someone on here and thought they had alot of ark that just haven't flattin yet now i think they may be 2'' lift or something like that so it is high for now going to link it then we can take it down abit

also i hope the front sets down after the motor and trans get in tomorrow.

Now somethings bad things about 2wd rigs there is no u joint in the steering shaft so going to use the 4wd, brake booster and cylinder are smaller so going to switch that, the steering box is weaker so now using that, the frame jigs don't work i used the pattern that is it they don't line up right.

the good the back was a straight bolt up it gave a got angle on the cantilevers from downey offroad, there crossmember between the frame rails so when i cut it off it will look way cleaner it seems to rise alittle quicker so more room for up travel

last night we got the engine and trans it was fairly smooth i left the tranny bolted up so i didn't have to work on my back

Last edited: