• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

20" vs 24" BMX

I would recomend a DJ specific 26" There are some nice DJ 26" bikes that come set up stock ready to rip!! I get a hook up through KONA so I'm partial......but I ride an 2008 Kona Cowan...size small (I'm 5'10" 205) pretty much stock except for switched out to Maxxis Holy Roller tires and lock-on grips.I also cut 1.5" off the bars overall and chopped the seatpost so i could slam the seat.

All the bike MFG's pretty much make a DJ specific bike now and there is always the boutique brands that are sexy and more $$$$$$$$........I just go for the most function for the money. I will probably switch out soon to a cromolly frame just for piece of mind,

Here's what I currently ride daily @ the Dj's:

Sounds like you may need to reopen your shop for some extra $$$ on the side.

Quick update:

I picked up the frame and am currently looking for a set of decent 24" wheels, preferably used/cheap :D. I just missed a set of the correct Robinson/GT ones on ebay for $100 :mad:

Ok so I scratched the single speed idea. Would a Giant Rincon be good choice? Tried one on in the XL frame size flavor at the bike shop today and it seemed to fit well, and I think it was on sale for like $400 too..

Ok so I scratched the single speed idea. Would a Giant Rincon be good choice? Tried one on in the XL frame size flavor at the bike shop today and it seemed to fit well, and I think it was on sale for like $400 too..

For "Just riding around" to get into shape the Rincon would be fine. I would not Jump or Freeride/DH the Rincon or anyother bike @ that PRICEPOINT especially being that your a big guy. For jumping type activity your goin to need a bike designed for abuse.

I'm 6'4" but only sit at around 160lbs, am I still to heavy? I think the MSRP on the Rincon is something like $600, just between it being on sale and my buddy working at the bike shop it would be ~$400 for me to get it out the door.

I'm 6'4" but only sit at around 160lbs, am I still to heavy? I think the MSRP on the Rincon is something like $600, just between it being on sale and my buddy working at the bike shop it would be ~$400 for me to get it out the door.

You'd "probably" be alright.

In my bike shop,as soon as a customer would mention wanting to "jump' or "freeride" we would automatically [TRY] to get them to step up to a suitable bike. It just heads off return visits from the same customer,in the future,with bent wheels,bent cranks or worse. A person really needs to assess what they are ACTUALLY going to do with the bike and purchase accordingly.

I'm definitely leaning more towards just the single track riding and gravel roads and stuff like that. Just wanted to be able to dable in the DJ side of things a little bit to experiment. plus I would rather drop less into a bike and mess it up instead of ****ering up a really nice one for my first delve into the sport.