• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2000 cherokee case gears

You only have ONE option if you wanna keep the stock NP231 transfer case, and that's the Tera 4:1 kit. Otherwise, go Atlas. :D

We were talking about this today in the shop.

If you have already done a SYE, buy the teralow kit. (A friend of mine is selling one right now for below retail) Also get the novak? 2wd low range kit as well.

If you haven't done an sye, go with an atlas. :awesomework:

i looked into tera low kit, but i like to wind my junk up towards the rev limit on the regular, and that is not reccomended with the kit.

who said this?

a guy iv wheeled with couple times, phil. runs a 4 wheel shop in renton area i think. goes by ecksjay maybe? you on here phil?

karl, do you have the kit? i was considering it before i downloaded the install directions and read the bold print, reiforcing what phil had told me....

who said this?

Teraflex.

High RPM Warning
Do not exceed 2500-3000 RPM for sustained periods of time when using the Low231 in low range.
Avoid high engine speeds when using the Low231 in low range in 4th or 5th gear with manual transmissions or with high gear automatics. This is common when driving in snow, mud, or sand. Because the gears are turning 50% faster and with the high gear ratio, it is possible for input speeds to reach 6500 RPM and cause damage to the transfer case.
We recommend using a lower gear in high-range for higher speeds rather than running the Low231 at extreme RPM

I ran a TeraLow gears in my 1997 TJ 4cyl w/35" tires. I found that I could rev the engine just fine in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gear with no issues. I had no problems in the snow using those gears either. I really like the TeraLow but had also heard about the problems people had with them. But in the 2 years I had mine I never had any issues. The only reason I replaced my t-case was that I did a V-8 swap and the spline input is different. I also had the Tera 2Lo kit and used it when running trails in between parts I needed 4wheel drive.
The only way to get lower gears has already been discussed you just have to decide which way you want to go.

Yep forgot about doing a dual transfer case. And since it is in a Cherokee there isn't any issues with rear drive shaft length.