• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2000 Jeep ECU

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have had some issues out of the sentry system on a 2000 Cherokee. Whatever the reason, the SKIM was tested and was bad. Replaced, had key programmed and still the same results, but the key light quit flashing. Last ditch effort shows the Skim trying to talk to the ECU and the ECU not talking back. I assume that means the ECU is bad. Thoughts before I drop the coin on an ECU.

I think if I was gonna spend coin on A Ecm id ditch the skim crap and get a older ecm and replace ignition switch with a non skim one and be done with it, if someone swapped ecm's in it already and wasn't reprogrammed to ignition switch it will lock the new ecm and won't start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a pcm in a cherokee today for the exact same problem. The scan tool also wouldn't communicate with pcm though

unplug the crank position sensor, throttle position and mass air sensor. try your key test again. I have had a Chrysler ecu appear to be bad because of a crank position sensor failure

Re:

I have a new CPS that I can plug in. I'll try it. Ignition switch and ecm? What year? I have a complete harness out of another 2000 and a 1995.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

I have never done this so enter at ur own risk . http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/skim-trouble-cutting-chase-207274/

84mallcrawl said:
unplug the crank position sensor, throttle position and mass air sensor. try your key test again. I have had a Chrysler ecu appear to be bad because of a crank position sensor failure
Any 5 volt refrence sensor that is shorted will shut down communication. It's supposed to be a failsafe to keep from frying the pcm. Any other module on a communication line shorted to ground will also do it. I have fixed a couple of lightning strikes that are just loads of fun.

Another option http://jeepin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64270

Used All Computer Resources twice now. Fixed up the security issue and now the transmission controller unit too.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Used All Computer Resources twice now. Fixed up the security issue and now the transmission controller unit too.

They are good to deal with, wish they had more Toyota stuff. Priced good too and lifetime warranty.

Re:

Yep, the lifetime warranty and cheaper than the rest made the decision for me.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk