• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2000 SC 3800 v6

patooyee

I'm scrapping this car early next week. I have never seen it run. I was told it had a bad head gasket but I didn't care since I only wanted the transmission. I'll leave the engine in it when I scrap it unless someone wants it. If they do I'll pull the harness, pcm, supercharger, and everything you'll need to make it run. I'll get some pics up shortly. It had 180,000 miles. This motor would be about 240hp in stock form. I'll take $150 for everything. Located in Milton, FL.

Re:

I also have 2 spare superchargers for it I'll include for $50 ea if you want.

Neal3000 said:
Damned good deal!

It is. I find my location is normally un-workable for deals on heavy items like this though. :-|

All the super chargers are Gen 3.

I'm pulling the trans as we speak. If no one has spoken for the engine by now I'm probably not going to expend the effort of dealing with it. It will go to the scrap yard this afternoon.

Mine is a 98 Bonneville SSEI series 2, I'm not sure that one is an upgrade and worth the shipping. It's only the series v correct?

You can read more about them here:

http://www.3800supercharger.net/

I'm really not super-knowledgeable on the different series. According to that though Gen 3 and 5 are "essentially the same." Gen 3 is the one that added 20-30hp over the previous generations.

I have the motor out now. I cut every damn wire, cable, and hose instead of disconnecting them so the motor is pretty much worthless at this point.

I would but I was mainly offering them up for $50 ea. for someone who bought the engine. I've got $100 into each of them and if I'm selling them separately I'd like to at least get that back out of them. I got them at Pull-A-Part so I doubt you'll find them anywhere cheaper than that and this saves the labor of having to pull them.

Ok, I think shipping will probably kill the deal anyway... the SC on my motor is in great shape so I can't really justify spending the money right now.....

I gotta ask though what are you building?? :****:

I'm building a little transaxle buggy.

Those superchargers generally far outlast the engines.

I agree, mine has had the snout replaced already, it also has the upgraded intake manifold set also so I seriously doubt I'll ever need it...

Can't wait to see what you come up with dude! build thread pretty please?? :cougar:

Engine is gone. I kept the two extra superchargers I had, just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them.