• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2002 Ford F450 Quad Cab, Flatbed, Dually 7.3L Diesel - $11,500.00 OBO (37153)

ridered3

Not Rigless
Up for sale is a 2002 Ford F450 Quad Cab (seats 6), 8'x12' Flatbed, 19.5" wheel Dually that is a perfect work truck/hot shot rig/tow rig/crawler hauler. Truck is a Cab and Chassis (C&C) truck so straight frame rails front to back. Truck is 26 feet long bumper to bumper and weighs 9,700 pounds. I bought it for personal usage as a tow rig for the Jeep and tractor, but it is honestly just too big for my purposes now that I have the GayzR.

7.3 Liter Power Stroke diesel engine with Turbo and Intercooler. 4 speed Automatic transmission. Odometer shows 227,3xx miles, but I have replaced a ton of parts in the last few months (details below). Truck is exempt from Emissions testing due to having a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR over 10,000 pounds), and vehicle is pre-DEF, DPF, emissions etc. Being a F-450, Farm Bureau had to write this truck on a Commercial Insurance Policy. Full coverage for the truck was cheaper than it is for my daily driver car, which surprised me.

FRONT AXLE: 10 lug, 2 Wheel Drive (2wd) straight axle with disc brakes and good 225x75x19.5 Steer tires.
REAR AXLE: 10 lug, dually, Dana 80 Rear with a 4.88 gear (plenty of low-end torque), disc brakes, a locked differential (both sets of rear tires spin), and good 225x75x19.5 Drive tires.

INTERIOR: Manual locks and Manual windows. Vinyl flooring. Vinyl Bench Seats front and rear with custom fitted Seat Covers with extra storage built in. Center console for extra storage. Dash has switch for LED Backup lights to double as work lights. Hot heat and cold A/C.

EXTERIOR: 6-19.5" steel dually wheels. 6-good tires (2 steer & 4 drive tires), plus an unmounted Universal spare tire. 40 gallon fuel tank. Steel flatbed that measures 8 feet wide by 12 feet long. Has a wooden flatbed under the steel as well. LED backup/work lights. 2-Jobsite/Job-Box style toolboxes mounted in the bed.

I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle and done all the mechanical work on the truck in the last 6 months/2500 miles. Well maintained and detailed service records for the time I have owned this vehicle. No wrecks. Small dents/dings to front bumper and door from previous life as a hot shot rig. Small paint chips from general use. Clean & Clear TN Title.

MECHANICAL-ALL NEW: Factory Injectors, Glowplugs, Valve Cover Gaskets, ICP and PCV Oil Sensors, Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses, Thermostat, Water Pump, Coolant Reservoir Tank, Driveshaft Carrier Bearing and U-Joint, and Front Main Oil Seal.

NADA Commercial Trucks Values for Clean Retail of $14,200.00. Asking price on Craigslist is $12,500.00 OR BEST OFFER, but will start with a Hardline discount of 11,500.00 OBO. CASH ONLY. Located in Rockvale (37153) right outside of Murfreesboro. Call or Text 931-three nine seven-3319 between 7am-9pm).

Can be sold with or without the following:
Toolboxes -$400.00. Seat Covers -$200.00.
LED Backup Lights -$100.00. Spare 225x75x19.5 tire -$50.00

How was it towing for fuel mileage, brakes, and power in the mountains?

zukimaster said:
Man, they should use your ad for a example of how a ad should be! Very detailed, GLWS

Thanks. Been wanting to post the truck for a few weeks, but couldn't post pictures.

squeak12 said:
How was it towing for fuel mileage, brakes, and power in the mountains?

Fuel Mileage: Empty I got 12.5 on the interstate and towing I got 10.5-11.5 on the interstate. That's weighing in at over 16,000 pounds with truck, trailer, Jeep, and Camping stuff. The reason the mileage is that low is with the 4.88's its turning 2300rpms at 65-70 mph.

Brakes: Awesome. 4 wheel disc brakes with massive rotors and calipers. Plus with the 4.88 gear, let off the throttle and it slows itself down quite well.

Power: I went with stock injectors due to reliability. This is my first diesel so nothing to compare it to, but towing 16,500 from Murfreesboro to Windrock up Monterey Mountain (13 miles and roughly 800-1k foot elevation rise) it stayed right at 65mph and 2300rpms all the way up without downshifting, lugging, etc.

Ride: most of these big trucks get a bad wrap for ride. But with it being a Quad Cab, long bed it rides surprisingly well and not like a log truck.

Bump for a good not so little truck. Somebody needs this thing

The Luke said:
Bump for a good not so little truck. Somebody needs this thing

Thanks. Gotten a few calls/texts/emails on it and spent 30 minutes with a guy today with a test drive etc.

The Luke said:
Truck sold yesterday.

Been away from Hardline for a awhile. Truck got relocated to Memphis area and will be used as a work truck again, not an occasional tow rig.

Thought about sending you a message about it until I got to the bottom of the thread... I liked the truck. The pics being taken on the side of the road was interesting to me. ;)

94xjsport94 said:
Thought about sending you a message about it until I got to the bottom of the thread... I liked the truck. The pics being taken on the side of the road was interesting to me. ;)

I liked the truck quite a bit too, just no use in it once the XJ was traded off. Funny thing on the pictures is I was headed home from cleaning and weighing the truck and was just starting to think about selling the truck. For sale ads with a bunch of stuff/junk/randomness in the background is one of many pet peeves for me, so I knew about that pull off on a side road. Worked pretty decent for a backdrop.

ridered3 said:
I liked the truck quite a bit too, just no use in it once the XJ was traded off. Funny thing on the pictures is I was headed home from cleaning and weighing the truck and was just starting to think about selling the truck. For sale ads with a bunch of stuff/junk/randomness in the background is one of many pet peeves for me, so I knew about that pull off on a side road. Worked pretty decent for a backdrop.

I just assumed it broke down, left you stranded, and you happened to take pics of it :flipoff1:

TBItoy said:
I just assumed it broke down, left you stranded, and you happened to take pics of it :flipoff1:

Ha thats a good point! It was a F.O.R.D, so 50/50 shot.

In my 9 months of ownership it never left me stranded or issues started when out and about. It only liked to act up in my side yard...