• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2004 Z06 Corvette LS6 engine 7,600 miles

pillsbury

2004 Z06 Corvette LS6 engine 7,600 miles. This motor is in perfect condition. I will let it go for $5,000. Any buggy's in need of a LS6 for this years KOH or ultra 4? Pm me and let me know. Thanks

what all is included? Complete intake to oilpan? Accessories, Harness, sensors, ecm, exhaust manifolds?

And where are you located?

PM sent

This would make a perfect powerplant for my next car.

Matt that'd be awesome, have you drop it in Dallas when you roll through. I'm not making it to KOH this year :'( . Wife is due the week before...literally the day before I would be leaving for Parker.

If you decide to get it let me know and I can store it at my place until we leave for KOH. We will be going 20 this year so no problem

Hey matt O would u be picking it up for him and taking it to him? What kind of car are you building that u want this bad a$$ motor with all these ponies for? :)

Matt O where r u located?

I'm not sure why you responded to my PM with the answers that everyone was wondering.
Anyway, I posted the info from the PM below.

pillsbury said:
Its just the engine. no accesories no sensors no harness no computer no ecm no oilpan and could add in exhaust manifolds

Now I'm super curious. There are 3 full/complete USED LS6 intake to oilpan, all accessories, plus harness and ecm, and manifolds on eBay for under $4k.

Plus GMPerformanceparts new Crate Engine which is everything except ECM & Harness is under $6k. My local dealer is $5450 Part # 17801268

Engines include:
* Aluminum block
* Aluminum heads
* Crankshaft
* Rods
* Pistons
* Valve train
* Camshaft
* Valve covers
* Oil pan
* Intake manifold
* Throttle body
* Exhaust manifolds
* Harmonic balancer
* Flywheel
* Warranty

What has been done to this one to warrant the $5k price? I was thinking this was a bit high if it was complete for a used motor, but without everything, i think you are $2500-$3000 too high. What gives?

Thanks for posting the info . was pretty curious about this . Does any one know if it will direct Bolt to a 400Th or not ?

This is an actual Z06 corvette motor take out. Why would u need a corvetter harness , ecm , throttle body and oilpan if they are not going to be usable in a buggy? This motor has 7,600 miles on it. who know how many and how the motor combo's on ebay have on them or how they have been treated.? They might be out of a wreck. this motor was taken out of the Z06 to have a fully built fordged stroker motor put in it. Its in great shape and well taken care of.

Good luck on your search and with your upcoming buggy.

pillsbury said:
This is an actual Z06 corvette motor take out. Why would u need a corvetter harness , ecm , throttle body and oilpan if they are not going to be usable in a buggy? This motor has 7,600 miles on it. who know how many and how the motor combo's on ebay have on them or how they have been treated.? They might be out of a wreck. this motor was taken out of the Z06 to have a fully built fordged stroker motor put in it. Its in great shape and well taken care of.

Good luck on your search and with your upcoming buggy.

Sorry if my post comes off skeptical, I'm curious thats all. I dont know.
From what I've researched on the LS6 it was only available in the ZO6 or as a Crate. Is that incorrect?
Why would I not want the 'Vette Harness, ECM, Thottlebody, or oilpan? I would need a harness, so that one would be a start to thin down, the ECM shouldnt matter as long as you got it reflashed to delete all the crap and clean it up. TB, and oilpan? Aside from the less than desireable Kevco what pan would you suggest?

To tell ya the truth, I hadnt considered an LS6. I have an LS6 intake stuffed into a box somewhere, but had really only been focusing on LS7's. I'm kinda intrigued, there is alot of aftermarket support for the LS6, and its a beef motor in stock form.

If a guy can buy the same motor as a crate from GM with all the things yours doesnt have minus a harness and ecm to make it run for $450 more and you get a warrenty. What makes the motor you have worth the $5k? :dunno:

So if I compare what i believe to be apples to apples. I found the PN for the LS6 long block which sounds like what you are selling. Gm PN# 19210918

Scoggins-Dickey - I called Marty Morris and he qouted $2999 with warranty plus shipping or $3245 shipped, didn't find it on their website but found it on multiple forums such as LS1tech where they advertise so I called

Goodwrench is $3200 I didnt see where there was a warranty but I cant see how there wouldnt be buying direct from GM.
http://www.newgmengines.com/GM_Goodwrench_350_Engine.html

Crate Engine Depot $3558 with warranty
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/57-Ltr---350-CID---GM-ENGINE-2004-2005-New-19210918-P2477C0.aspx

Thats what I'm trying to clear up. What am I missing that makes the value of this motor worth approx $1500+ more than a zero mile, with warranty?

FroggF350 said:
Thats cheap!!! I called about buying a new Ram Jet 350 and they quoted something like $8500 complete.

I have some ocean front property in Arizona that you might be interested in!!

Only if you throw in the Golden Gate Bridge for free.
I didnt say I bought it. I just called advance and asked about it. About 3-4 years ago you could buy a new Ram Jet 350 from Advance Auto for $3500. Not anymore.

If you guys only knew the seller....

LS6 is nothing special. bout 40 more HP than a ls1. Now if it was out of a new zo6, that would be different.

I have a ls6 outside. It came out of a cts-v caddy. Complete, harness, intake, TB, even AC. Does not have the funky batwing oil pan either. I'm sure the owner would let it go for 5k. Also has the most compact accesory drive made by GM.

Ive got 05 zo6 acce on my 6.0 and they are tight to the block. If you need the room its the only way to go.