• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2005 Duramax

guffey24

I hate to do this because this thing pulls great, but my tow rig is up on the block, I need to down size to a older model tow rig that doesnt see action but 10-12 times a year on wheeling trips. Wife is not working right now, and we dont need the extra payment

Trade options below, I OWE ON THIS STILL, it will be paid off when you buy it and title transfered into your name

2005 Chevy 2500 HD LS model, Duramax with allison transmisson, crew cab, short bed, 135,000 miles, all stock, doesnt smoke a bit and pulls very strong, fresh oil change, fresh transmisson filters and fluid, yes both filters replaced, inner and outer, fresh transfer case fluid and reseal, brand new Firestone Transforce HT 265-75-16 10ply tires, with alignment, very tight front end, hydroboost brakes stop you on a dime, brake controller, and factory tow package, both front unit bearings have been replaced within the last 25,000 miles, grey cloth interior in good shape, brakes are fairly new also, tractor supply toolbox, hot heat, cold ac, the drivetrain from what I am told is the best years of the duramax

I have been getting 18 mpg traveling back and forth from Hendersonville to Greenville

thats the good

The bad

It has its share of scratches, dings and small dents, it was owned by a tree guy, the left bedside panel was replaced at one time, and driverside door skin. Most of the dents and dings are in the bed, all cosmetic, I was told it likes to go through fuel filters, since I have owned it and started using fuel stabilizer I havent put a fuel filter on it, I keep a spare in the tool box just in case, both door mirrors are cracked,

overall a nice truck, I have a Westin brush guard that goes with the truck also, I took it off

$16,000

or

I would do 12k cash and a nice little stock xj or zj to drive, or a older model tow rig, early cummins, single wheel or dually, maybe a early 90's dually 454 truck, plus 10k in cash

404455822.jpg

404455821.jpg

404455820.jpg

404455819.jpg

Re: Re: 2005 Duramax

You are supposed to change the fuel filter on a dmax every 15k miles.

Clogged/blocked fuel filters will **** the injection pump, especially on a duramax which doesn't have a lift pump, so the injection pump has to siphon through the filter

Yeah input one on it 10,000 miles ago, original owner said about every 4000-5000 miles he had to replace it, any thanks for the info :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Re: 2005 Duramax

guffey24 said:
Yeah input one on it 10,000 miles ago, original owner said about every 4000-5000 miles he had to replace it, any thanks for the info :dblthumb:

Wow, he must have bought those cheap plastic body filters and bought shitty fuel all the time!

Re: Re: Re: 2005 Duramax

TBItoy said:
Wow, he must have bought those cheap plastic body filters and bought shitty fuel all the time!

I would say shitty fuel, or dirty tanks, I think it probally got a lot of offroad diesel run thru it, since he had a tank sitting at his shop

but that also probally explains why its never had any issues, fuel related

no difference between offroad and onroad diesel except some red dye.
That said most personal diesel storage tanks are above ground and typically are more effected by condensate in the tank, so more water in the fuel, and more water to breakdown the inside of the tank equalling more debris in the fuel.

InDaShop said:
no difference between offroad and onroad diesel except some red dye.
That said most personal diesel storage tanks are above ground and typically are more effected by condensate in the tank, so more water in the fuel, and more water to breakdown the inside of the tank equalling more debris in the fuel.

I was under the impression that offroad diesel had more sulfur, which made it burn cleaner, but more emissons, hence why the dot wont let you run offroad diesel on the road

and it was an above ground tank, which explains all the fuel filters

anyway bump for a good truck

guffey24 said:

My '05 was acting just like this. Ended up being a lot of water in the fuel tank.
Traced it back to a station in Nebraska selling soy based bio-diesel.
After a tank and system flush it's been perfect.

yankster said:
My '05 was acting just like this. Ended up being a lot of water in the fuel tank.
Traced it back to a station in Nebraska selling soy based bio-diesel.
After a tank and system flush it's been perfect.

I have been running Lucas fuel treatment with every tank of fuel, I haven't had a problem since

I run a Baldwin Oil an Fuel filter in my Duramax. Change it every 5k with the oil. Never had a problem at all.