• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2006 duramax 2500hd SAS

What the reason for ditching the bushings that are cast on the axle? I am doing an SAS on a 97 and I was planning on using them, just curious if you had any input. Looks great though.

Re: Re: 2006 duramax 2500hd SAS

tlspeed1 said:
What the reason for ditching the bushings that are cast on the axle? I am doing an SAS on a 97 and I was planning on using them, just curious if you had any input. Looks great though.
X2 looks like you cut then off then built basically the same thing back? (Although inverted)

Looks pretty pimp! Only thing that makes me :eek: is the pitman arm! Man that is some leverage! did you modify the drop on it? Never seen that close of a ratio to the pitman shaft?

Re: Re: 2006 duramax 2500hd SAS

TBItoy said:
X2 looks like you cut then off then built basically the same thing back? (Although inverted)
well the 1st question is cause the mounting width i gained almost 2nd to get the 4link arm separation i needed.3rd so the frame brackets fit perfect under the frame rail and 2 these r rebuildable and flex better

Re: 2006 duramax 2500hd SAS

I feel like 5brothers when I look at that pitman arm....

I love the swap though. Sweet project. Love the pics

LightBnDr said:
I feel like 5brothers when I look at that pitman arm....

I love the swap though. Sweet project. Love the pics
make me a better one r find one that will clear the chunk ill buy it

EddieHall said:
make me a better one r find one that will clear the chunk ill buy it
It's not so much about clearing the chunk as getting enough drop and still keep it safe! The best senario is change the angle of the box or do high steer for the drag link!

al1tonyota said:
It's not so much about clearing the chunk as getting enough drop and still keep it safe! The best senario is change the angle of the box or do high steer for the drag link!
its the same one they use on the superduty they onlything different is the bore and the spline count no difference

EddieHall said:
its the same one they use on the superduty they onlything different is the bore and the spline count no difference
You have measured the distance from pitman arm hole to tie rod hole on both?

al1tonyota said:
You have measured the distance from pitman arm hole to tie rod hole on both?
yep i used the superduty one to set it up and also i hav hydraulic assist with r&d i remembered. The xj

EddieHall said:
and its not first one ive built 3 total
Aight cool :drinkers: I'm just looking at it from th internets and it looked sketchy you must have felt the same at some point to weld the braces on but :dblthumb: to ya man!

al1tonyota said:
Aight cool :drinkers: I'm just looking at it from th internets and it looked sketchy you must have felt the same at some point to weld the braces on but :dblthumb: to ya man!
oh yea ive seen 1 a guy heated to get more angle and u no where im goin