Sold/Expired 2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 6.4L Powerstroke - Needs engine

cccj

2008 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 crew cab short box

6.4L Power stroke
93,004 miles
Leather, Navigation, Sunroof, Power everything
20" wheels
Line-X bedliner

I do not know the history of this truck as I bought it 'as is' in it's current condition. It ran poorly when dropped off with white smoke and a small oil leak. I brought it to Swamp's Diesel who assessed it needs a new engine. I know it's worth it to put in an engine but I need to buy a house now.

$19,325

Trade ya a built rzr for it?

On a friendly note, I think it will have a hard time selling at that price with stuff like this out there.

null_zpse4f11391.png

I think you should buy that truck, but it's probably already sold at that price.

I'm curious...wouldn't the engine be covered under the 100,000 mile factory warranty offered by Ford?

ADAMCARTER315 said:
I'm curious...wouldn't the engine be covered under the 100,000 mile factory warranty offered by Ford?

The warranty is 5 year/100,000 mile. It expired at 5 years last November.

I would try em and see alot of times they will help a man out on that but ya never know till u try

Not trying to piss in your cornflakes man, but a good running USED motor for them trucks will run someone $6500-$9000. And that's not including the labor of installing or paying to have someone install it because most people don't have a way to lift the cab. With all that said, I'm saying that's about a $14k truck like it sits. Add another $12k-$14k to have it fixed right and you would have $26k-$28k total which would make it about right for the condition and miles on the rest of the truck thumb.gif

At this point all I can do is apologize that is not a good a deal as everyone had hoped when they clicked.

I just sold an 08 f250 with a bad motor and 160k miles for 5k.

for the longest time there was a guy on here selling an 08 that had been wrecked.. think he sold it for like 4200..