• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2008 Pnw4wda Trail Jamboree

So what's the scoop on the snow conditions up there? Are they going to be able to open many of the trails up?

So what's the scoop on the snow conditions up there? Are they going to be able to open many of the trails up?

Last I heard, there may reductions in the miles of trails open for the event due to the overwhelming amt of snow they got; but as the date draws closer, things may change.....

Here is what Merrick has to say;
Merrick Graves said:
Will not know that till about Tuesday July 8th. It will take a lot of melt to get the trails in condition for a permited event. I know for a fact that the westside Naches is Closed to us. We usally are the ones that open it with the assistance of the PNW4WDA Land Manager. This year it will not open untill July 15 unless it is not melyed out then it will likely remain closed.

But many of the trails we run are not affected and we will run just as normal on them.

We just ran the Manastash ridge trail last weekend and there was a few feet of snow. We were the first to make it in a while (no tracks) (we had a TJ and a SJ410) but we aired down to 5 psi and locked all four. It was like rock crawling on snow. With the heat most of the snow should melt but the higher trails in the shade may still have snow.

Tic Toc, Tic Toc

Yup----Just got in about 20 minutes ago; finished getting the camper lights all working, camper's loaded; food's bought (well most of it!:redneck: ), Sami's as ready as it'll be; need to make a wiring extension for the trailer (completely spaced that with the camper the trailer's wiring is too short to reach the plug on the truck!:thud:) . Gotta go pick up the Pallet of ice tomorrow afternoon, then load the Sami on behind that, pack my clothes, tools, etc, and finally will be ready!!!:011:

Well, got back this evening around 4:30. Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks that helped put this together this year. Met a bunch of really nice people, as well as seeing some familliar faces from the previous year. Also met a couple people from here!!:awesomework: Had a great time as expected!!Will get some pics up in a day or two....really tired!!! The wheelin was great--Ran Kaner/Quartz, Rocky Saddle, and Manastash on Sat for an easy last day with some magnificant views!

Last edited:
IMG_3607.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3616.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
IMG_3691.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3538.jpg
[/IMG]
There are lots more pictures, I loaded them all in photobucket. It's rrr4x4 album. Lots of fun this last weekend! Thanks hosts!

Yeah, sounds like a blast was had...I was the one tryin to radio you on the highway--->red TJ about 8 miles from camp.... We were headin down to see if all was OK:awesomework: .... I kinda wish I went, but Len(red TJ) and I (see avatar) had a good run on the Manashtash run....maybe next year!!!

Sorry about that....Did anyone answer? I heard ya but barely and there was absolutely no way you were gonna understand what came from my radio at 55 mph and no windshield....It woulda been just noise..... We were making great time (on schedule for a 5:00 return) until the red flattie quit running. We burnt up the extra 3 hours fixing that one 3 times and putting clutch linkage back together on the CJ. Poor factory design there....I think the majority of the flatties issues stem from the ignition switch being sticky and it was stuck between start and run...It was charging erratically and I think that the sticky switch may have messed with the fuel tank switch and not let it get fuel. We had a great time with the RRR group though and I hope they did as well. :D Special thanks to Mike for lending his extra battery to get the flattie back running.:awesomework:

Yeah, I thought I heard ya say they were behind you, which they were----No biggie!!! Mike's a really cool guy-and will do just about anything to help a guy(or gal) out...and YES, they both were saying that Sat was the best wheelin hands down!!! They couldn't stop talkin about the run. Sounds like ya'll had to hang off the 'Jungle Gyms' just to get thru the last couple miles of trail....:awesomework:

Yeah....We probably could have gotten them through without hanging off the bars but that section does get quite a bit off camber and I understand the want for a little extra weight on one side. I guess maybe I(or maybe it was my dad in the other flattie) did say something on the radio about them stopping at one of the stores on the way back...I guess they needed quarters for showers, but I can't imagine it was very easy to decipher. They let us know in advance that they were going to stop so it was all good... Our club had a pool going on what time we'd roll into camp....We rolled in at 7:56 and my mom had 7:57...... I think it was about $11...:haha: Seems to happen every year no matter what we do that the saturday rimrock run gets back late. And then Chris? goes and wins the winch.......:booo:

Latest posts