• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2010 early elk

231toyota

well to start off, was nice to get away for two weeks to go play hunter in the mountains. 2nd off it freaking rained almost the whole time we were there, so the elk were pretty much hunkerd down deep in the timber, did see a few nice bulls, and crap load of cows, but no shots to be had :mad: the only shots taken were from my game cam, set up in my stand..here are a few ...

Last edited:
Nice Pic.

Sorry to hear about your early season was a bust, but know you are not teh only one :eeek:

My son and i also were skunked :booo:

Seen several elk but only got with in 80 yards, to far for a shot. We did see severl grouse a day and my got his first grouse kill. Could have been two if he loaded a second shell in the 12ga.

Oh well, there is always late season :beer:

I am neading to Wy. for some speed goat hunting in two weeks, so i am stoked about that now :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Will have pic and story when i return from it.

Double on the rain, I'm glad I have good gear.
Same story ,plenty of cows and saw bulls only from a distance. Could never get one to come in.

Bulls just werent talking.

Guess thats why its called hunting not killing.

I actually hunted Bald Mt/Cattle Camp Spring area for the first 5 days and kept dry :flipoff:

Then we moved to Little Naches Vally and got soaked :mad:

Kinda surprised me thou, we hiked over a half mile down the Wenas Creek drainage (below moon rocks) and never cut a fresh track on any trail, neither teh meadows or teh timbers :mad:

Nice Pic.

Sorry to hear about your early season was a bust, but know you are not teh only one :eeek:

Oh well, there is always late season :beer:

yep, hopefully the late season will be good probably hunt the winston creek unit..Gots me a couple late season honey holes up thar..:awesomework:

good luck on the goat hunt..:corn:

Double on the rain, I'm glad I have good gear.
Same story ,plenty of cows and saw bulls only from a distance. Could never get one to come in.

Bulls just werent talking.

Guess thats why its called hunting not killing.

the bulls where talking where i was, i did manage to cow call a bull out of a drainage for my buddie got him within 20 yards but he would not come out the damed jack firs..:mad:
the were really talking down below trout lake / snowden area just need to learn that area a little better..

like you said it's called hunting not killing..:eeek:

nice game came .seems like when hunting seasin comes around bulls are scarce i was up at buck meadows 1.5 mo ago there was a **** ton of racks ,but who knows know they start seeing to many peoples try packwood behind the old haptom mill 5 am thats were w egot ours last yr even pissed off some locals , good luck patience.

nice game came .seems like when hunting seasin comes around bulls are scarce i was up at buck meadows 1.5 mo ago there was a **** ton of racks ,but who knows know they start seeing to many peoples try packwood behind the old haptom mill 5 am thats were w egot ours last yr even pissed off some locals , good luck patience.

yea i know that place..:awesomework:
is'nt that suppose to a secret? :rolleyes: :redneck:

I saw a couple bulls cross the road at the VERY peak of pyramid pass a couple weeks ago :awesomework: