• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2012 Jeep 3.6L V6

J.A.B

I'm looking at a 2012 rubicon tomorrow and have heard of the earlier model 3.6L having some head issues. Something about a burnt valve on #4.

Anyone know much about these motors or any other big issues with these model jeeps?

The jeep I'm looking at has just under 30k miles

Thanks

Yes I had a 2012, bought with around this many miles and a few months later had the head issue. Lucky warranty covered it and drove it another year with 0 problems. Heard this happened a lot on some of the first 2012 models and they got the issue fixed a lil later. Other than that I believe they are pretty good.

A friend bought it and has drivin it about a year and a half with 0 issues as well. I got a 2015 recently and has almost 5k miles and it's been good so far.

Go to bhamjk forums lost of info there great folks and good classifieds thread also. 12 and up has a lot more power than my 08 wish I would have listened to my buddy's and got a 2012 or newer

Sent from my iPhone 6 using tapajunk

ed3ba1b165fbd5e06cd4720666dbc92a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using tapajunk

Thanks for the info

It's hard to find one of these that is either not completely stock or hasn't been accessorized to death with all sorts of crap and stickers

Latest posts