• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2014 teryx

Only can say a few good thing about them the rear brakes are in brake pack style and run in oil and it also has a great engine brake I like them they have HD looking front end parts

Love mine! Had since March of this year. If ur not into blazing thru the woods, I think its the best utv out there. Great power, decent sus, can seat four and still at a good size for eeaving thru the woods. One problem though-floorboards are shitty and will bust easily. Mine has been at the dealer for 3 weeks waiting on replacements, driver side on backorder. Kawi knows its a problem and are rellacing under warranty even if expired. Gonna try to make some protection for mine when I get it back because the aftermarket **** is outrageous! ! I knew about the floorboard concerns and still bought one if it helps.

The 2014 models have fox coilovers and come with a 3 year warranty . Im not going to be entering any races , I just want a good mix of reliability and performance. My wife and kid will ride it as much as i do in the trails around our house. Id like to be able to take it on some of the rides like i use to take my jeep and ride some of the easier trails without having to worry about breaking a bunch of stuff. Im not a hunter and i want something more sporty than a ranger . To me it seems like RZRs have a bunch of problems

cool thanks for the reply. do you still have the stock cage on yours . im just wondering how they will hold up , not that im planning on turning it over.

TRIPPER said:
To me it seems like RZRs have a bunch of problems

All depends on how you drive it, if you get drunk and drive it like you used to drive your jeep then nothing is going to hold up, Polaris, Can Am or Teryx.

Yea, wish had i had waited about 4 months, could have gotten fox shocks and a few more cc's. Yea, i still have the stock cage, though i do push it hard on occasion i will probably only cut and lower the stock cage instead of building a new one for it. All of them will break, some it just seems easier than others. Most everybody I ride with has PoPo's and at about the 6 month mark they all start squeaking and rattling like ****! All were bought new, not somebody else's abused junk. You will not have a problem keeping up with a regular rzr on the trails and they want hear you coming from a 1/4 mile away either. Don't know where you live but I know I wouldn't buy from Talladega Cycle Sales. Seem only interested in selling you something and geting you out the door.

I LIVE IN TUSCALOOSA , IF I BUY A TERYX ILL BUY FROM SMITHS SPORT CYCLES. I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP WHAT I WANT TO BUY, I GUESS IM GONNA WAIT AND ATLEAST LOOK A THE NEW XP 1000 4 SEATER . DONT THINK I REALLY NEED ALL THAT SUSSPENSION BUT IM SURE IT WOULD BE NICE EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. IM SURE FROM TIME TO TIME ILL WANT TO HIT A JUMP , JUST NOT SURE THE TERYX HAS ENOUGH SUSPENSION . I WSH HONDA OR KAWASAKI WOULD COME OUT WITH SOME THING A LIITLE MORE SPORTY.
EVERTBODY SAYS THE RZR SQUEAK AND RATTLE SOON AFTER TO BUY THEM . I DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF SPENDING THAT MUCH MONEY ON A SxS THEN IT STARTS FEELING SLOPPY AFTER JUST AFWE MONTHS.

TRIPPER said:
I LIVE IN TUSCALOOSA , IF I BUY A TERYX ILL BUY FROM SMITHS SPORT CYCLES. I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP WHAT I WANT TO BUY, I GUESS IM GONNA WAIT AND ATLEAST LOOK A THE NEW XP 1000 4 SEATER . DONT THINK I REALLY NEED ALL THAT SUSSPENSION BUT IM SURE IT WOULD BE NICE EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. IM SURE FROM TIME TO TIME ILL WANT TO HIT A JUMP , JUST NOT SURE THE TERYX HAS ENOUGH SUSPENSION . I WSH HONDA OR KAWASAKI WOULD COME OUT WITH SOME THING A LIITLE MORE SPORTY.
EVERTBODY SAYS THE RZR SQUEAK AND RATTLE SOON AFTER TO BUY THEM . I DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF SPENDING THAT MUCH MONEY ON A SxS THEN IT STARTS FEELING SLOPPY AFTER JUST AFWE MONTHS.

I had a 2008 Teryx and use to jump the hell out of it, suspension handled it pretty good and all it had was the standard non-piggyback shocks. Most reliable thing Ive ever owned, only problem I ever had was broke a front axle which was more operator error.

I had an 08 and never had a bit of trouble out of it, the only reason I sold it to get a rzr was for the suspension, the teryx just beat the piss out of me trying to keep up with rzrs.

thats what im affraid of .... but the 2014 is supose to be alot better . they now have fox podium shocks . i wonder if that makes a differance ?? have you had any problems with your rzr ,what did you get xp?
ive got the local polaris dealer calling me as soon as the 2014 1000 xp 4 hits the door for me to come look at. kinda wish i could find a 900 xp 4 tricked out worth the money

Mine did have piggyback shocks, but they weren't fox, I haven't had anything break on my rzr yet, but both rear axles are warped, both rear radius rods are bent, and both my lower a arms are bent, and that's from just mainly trail riding, I don't regret getting rid of the teryx for the rzr, I really think I'd like an xp4 :****:

The 14 t4 is gonna be nowhere near as fast or smooth as the xp9/xp1000. Dude on the t4 forum i'm on has just started selling the pc5 for the t4s' and claims 63/4 mph on flat ground 67 downhill with nothing else but opening up the factory air tract(free). Even with the fox podiums, the travel is not there to be smooth when trying to run fast(35 mph and above). I like the **** out of mine so far. Guess it really comes down to who you ride with mostly and how you plan on riding. I know you can get into one for about 6k less than a xp10.