• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

$215 in oil now, OUCH

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
wow, who thought going to synthetic in my drivetrain could be expensive like this when I don't do the front end and have a hookup on everything else. I am going royal purple engine/transfer/rear end and castrol syntorq (have to) in the nv4500. We'll see if I pick up any mileage at all. I'll get back to you on the mileage. Here is what I have gleaned from observing and listening. Luke (cash talk's) father in law picked up 1.5 mpg on his duramax pulling his big ass camper when he switched to royal purple. the people that sell the stuff claim 3. I have talked to and read about first hand accounts of 1-2 mpg gains depending on driving style. Its worth a shot to me, especially if it last longer before it breaks down. I'll go 5k miles on this change and come back with the averages of all the tanks.
TO THE SHOP!

If fuel mileage is your target by using the synthetic, have you calculated a break even on required mileage gains to merit the incremental investment (over standard lubes)? Curious to see how the math works.

Todd

Kelly is driving it mpg does not mean a damn thing! :flipoff1:

EDIT: **** will just be cleaner when he breaks it and has to tear into it (yes he even like to break the tow rig)

I'm with bones on this.
when I get dino oil for free out of the farm tank, no, the milage will never equal out. If I start running biodiesel from veggie oil that's $.80 per gal when done, that may swing it back. have to see

MPG doesn't matter when its me. I drive the dodge like the sheep. hard as balls. synthetic can't hurt, though. I plan on this fugger going to 300K. I have spare rear gears and carrier, spare fronts, spare tcase, rebuildable tranny, only thing I don't have is an engine and I want to make this one go the distance.

blacksheep10 said:
I'm with bones on this.
when I get dino oil for free out of the farm tank, no, the milage will never equal out. If I start running biodiesel from veggie oil that's $.80 per gal when done, that may swing it back. have to see

MPG doesn't matter when its me. I drive the dodge like the sheep. hard as balls. synthetic can't hurt, though. I plan on this fugger going to 300K. I have spare rear gears and carrier, spare fronts, spare tcase, rebuildable tranny, only thing I don't have is an engine and I want to make this one go the distance.
huh... then why not just put run-of-the-mill cheap lube in it like the rest of us?