• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22r issues

joemo

well i just bought a 1986 toy 4x4 with a 22r engine and did a comprestion test and the #3 cylinder is low does any one have any help or a cheap parts or engine i pritty much spent enought money on the truck so not much left was told there was only 30,000 on the engine lol so some help or info for me would be great thanks

how low? what was the reading on the rest of them? and how did you do it?
throttle blocked OPEN?

the rest of them were around 115 and #3 was at around 90 i did a leak down test and a comprestion test i have been having smoke coming out of the valve cover filter changed the pcv valve my second toyota and no good luck with both lol

115 is LOW

90 is damaged

Pretty much the only way to know for sure is to tear it down and inspect the parts.

It is VERY common to have a bad valve.

It's an easy test. With the head off spray brake clean down the intake runners If it leaks past the closed valve you have a problem. Then flip it over and test the exhaust side by spraying down the exhaust runners.

Durring winter months a lot of people take their wheelers out and drowned them in water. Bending rods, killing rings and doing all kinds of damage by sucking water into the engine.

With that low of compression at VERY LEAST you have a bent rod, bad valve, or bad rings. No matter how you cut it. It needs a rebuild.