• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re auto no power

Redwoodinnovations

I bought my dad an 88 22re auto runner (said 40years of shifting is enough) compression is good timing is good vacuum lines are all replaced no leaks it revs up great and idles good but when you put it in gear it has no get up and go at all it will only do fifty on flat ground I searched here and on pirate found nothing any idea helps

A guy in our club had the same problem his was a bad tps if I remember correct

There are several things that can cause it---including timing...you say "it's good", but what's it set at...and does it change when you jump the timing connector...could be a restricted exhaust (Ie; plugged cat),could be jumped timing chain (or not set properly if anyone's been in there recently), could be lack of fuel volume and/or psi, could be TPS not set properly (or bad), could be a bad/misadjusted MAF, could be a lot of things...

Moved to "General Tech", as the Garage is for build-ups...

Also, to add, alot of the stuff I mentioned should be tested using the right equipment, to avoid potentially spending a lot of dough unnecessarily...

That would be the TV cable...(Throttle Valve...)...this regulates trans line pressure based on throttle input...in laymen's terms, it is used to control shift points.