• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re oil pans...

NotMatt

Is there a difference between the earlier 22re pans (85-88/89) and the later pans (89-95)? My brother is dropping a motor of later model origins (or so we've been told) into his '87 4runner, and the pan is hitting the differential.

[EDIT]: Or is it a 2wd/4wd difference? :mad:

yes there is a difference.... i didnt have a problem with the newer one in my 85 but it has alot of lift.

Without actually knowing for sure, Im thinking yes because of the IFS/solid axle difference.

Also, I think Ive heard a rumor that the 2WD/4WD pans are different too. I think the 4WD pans are bigger?

~T.J.

i think the clearance for the IFS is alot less then on mine. just swap out the pans they should fit. and i believe 84toy is right about the 2WD/4WD difference,

Motor

The motor came out of a 91 toyota 4wd truck. As far as the pan goes. I was told from the previous owner that he had to swap pans and the pick up tube because the donor motor was from a 2wd truck. This now explains why the pan was loose when you guys picked it up. I currently dont have any extra pans and pick up tubes laying around. But I will check with some friends.
Rgds,
Dennis

The motor came out of a 91 toyota 4wd truck. As far as the pan goes. I was told from the previous owner that he had to swap pans and the pick up tube because the donor motor was from a 2wd truck. This now explains why the pan was loose when you guys picked it up. I currently dont have any extra pans and pick up tubes laying around. But I will check with some friends.
Rgds,
Dennis

Makes sense.

I'll see if I can find a pan and pickup tube locally here first.

Latest posts