• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re swap

xtremetoyo

i have a 1980 toyota with a 20r, i have a 22re motor, ecu,harness to the ecu and the open circuit relay, and fuel tank, is there anything else i am going to need? i can still get the under dash harness but not sure if i would need that. i live in everett and if anyone close by would like to come look at what i have to see if its all there that would be great!

or just any other pointers to wire the motor would be great as well.

also if someone wants to help me put it in i have $100 cash and you can keep the 20r that is in the truck

I would have done an in depth write up about it when I just did mine.

But I have no star and dont really feel like starting another pukebucket acct that I will just forget about and never remember the password for.

The amount of tech here is dwindling. Please search Pirate and you will find TONS of info on the swap.

kThanx

Me and super samurai did the wiring harness for chop. If you have the wiring diagrams from the books you can figure out which wires you can weed out. There is like only five wires you need for it to run.

yes i did do this. took me a total of 6 hrs. and i wired it up myself. it was wayyyy easier then i thought it was, if anyone needs help on this, feel free to PM me