• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22RTE won't idle after rebuild

GONOVRIT

I rebuilt a 22RTE and put it in my tube chassis rockcrawler. Got around to firing it up today and it will not idle. It will start when given some gas but will die after a couple seconds if the gas isn't applied in a feathering method. It is running rough when it is running.

I have no way of being sure if it is an 86 or 87. It will run at a high idle if the afm is unplugged. I have swapped ecm's, and afm's with no luck.

I guess it would help if I knew what all was required for the engine to run? This harness was cut and trimmed up while it was in the truck and was running fine before I pulled it. Everything seems to be hooked up and hot as it should be. It is now running mechanical gauges.

I'm out of ideas. I'm thinking/crossing my fingers this is something simple, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Re: 22RTE won't idle after rebuild

Here is the bare bones wiring for a 22RE... see if it helps you.
Courtesy of http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1519954-minimalist-toyota-engine-wiring-diagrams.html

https://db.tt/G90JN5NC

Is stock gauges still there ? It needs a temp sensor for computer but I can't renember if that designated sensor or was coupled with temp sensor also make sure knock sensor is hooked up... They go retarded without them

I have also found on quite a few yota builds that when the fuel system is opened up and left open for week or 2 or more for some reason they start suckin air around injector seals ...I have replaced injector seals on almost every yota I hsve built directly after leaving fuel system unhooked... Maybe they dry out or something? Idk hope it helps

Have you checked your tps? If I'm not mistaken they are adjustable and if bad or not adjusted could cause that.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

muddinmetal said:
Yep, and this isn't my first gig with a turbo fwiw :dblthumb: Too much :drinkers: last night with the boys. I walked in the shop this morning and spotted a hole in the intake just walking by the buggy laughing1 I won't say how long and how many beers went down while overlooking that.....