• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

231 v6 in my 98 tj

Yup generic solid axle era (79-95 in the USA) axles. The rears are all the same, as I said the 4x4 uses the same brake shoes as the 1 ton 2WD rear axle.

The gusset didn't appear until 80. From 80-83 it went to the u bolts. 84 and 85 got a longer gusset that went all the way passed the u bolts to the end of the tube.

In the IFS era (86-95 in the USA) the rear axle is 3" wider, the drums are 11" instead of 10".

And yes, the biggest reason the tew is getting **** is because he's standing up saying everything the idiot that bank rolled this hoopty told his is the gospel and we are all dumb. Sorry but the guy made **** up or was just too busy flapping his cock holster to know he was ignorant.

He said it had an aluminum block and a magnet disproved that. Yet it simply MUST have 1 ton gears because he said it did? Really? :haha:

Oh yea, take that axle back out of the housing and put the poor thing it correctly will ya? The lever for the e brake goes on the back of the housing not under it. :redneck:
The 80-81 was what is known as the half gussett on the front...it's rounded like the axle tube...82-83 is known as a 3/4 gussett, also rounded on bottom, but stops next to the ubolt...84-85 is known as the full gussett, and is 'squared off' on the bottom, and encapsulated by the ubolts...
Oh, and front solid axles are only offered on the USA truck 79-85, not 95 TRASHYPOO! :fawkdancesmiley:
:kiss:

You, my friend, have a set of Toyota mini-truck axles. Looking at the second to last pic of the front axle show a reinforced housing which means it's around an '83-'85. I can't remember exactly what years started that reinforcement. The reason you're getting so much crap is you state you know nothing but are arguing that these are "one ton axles or gears." Here's a secret for you, these are not one ton axles and there is no such thing as one ton gears for them. So shut your yap about that and maybe the ridicule will decrease.

PS-The main difference in the rear occurred in '86 when toy went IFS and made the rear wider and the housing tubes a larger diameter and I believe the drums a bit bigger. This still doesn't make them one tons but please tell me again about the one ton gears.
. I'm not tying to argue it I just was socked when the **** at Napa said.and are trying to figure out who really knows.

Now after reading your educated reply,you sound like you all do know what your talking about. And I'm not trying to say the guy that had it built is right I'm just posted what I was told,and with all the cap everyone his missed when I said I was told,or I don't know.

So with all that out of the way.
If I was to put the motor and transmission into my jeep (because the motor is almost gone in my jeep) should I use my jeep axles until I can upgrade them,or use the toy Axels also?

http://
n66yyu.jpg

FAIL on reinstalling that axle like trashy said.

The 80-81 was what is known as the half gussett on the front...it's rounded like the axle tube...82-83 is known as a 3/4 gussett, also rounded on bottom, but stops next to the ubolt...84-85 is known as the full gussett, and is 'squared off' on the bottom, and encapsulated by the ubolts...
Oh, and front solid axles are only offered on the USA truck 79-85, not 95 TRASHYPOO! :fawkdancesmiley:
:kiss:

And 79 had no gusset at all.

See what I get when I make a half way intelligent post as I'm on my way out the door to go to a new years party, I fat finger 85 into 95 sue me. :flipoff: At least I pulled my head out by the time I mentioned the rear axle in the IFS era. :haha:

And 79 had no gusset at all.

See what I get when I make a half way intelligent post as I'm on my way out the door to go to a new years party, I fat finger 85 into 95 sue me. :flipoff: At least I pulled my head out by the time I mentioned the rear axle in the IFS era. :haha:

Happy New Year Sweet Cheeks! :haha:

Ya need to go to pirate.com to get some real help instead of asking these dope heads here for help...

Nope.looking into the best way to get the most torque to the ground.horse power that's no getting to the ground the way you need is worthless.