• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2nd gen 4runner body on PU frame?

java

anyone ever put a 2nd gen body on a first gen PU frame? is it possible? doable, with some ammount of work? there seem to be alot of 2nd gen bodies/dead floating around chaep and not many first gens. TIA

my last truck was a 2nd gen runner on a 84 extra cab frame. cut the body mount off. left the ones on the runner and lined it all up and welded to frame . mix a little bit of body lift in there to even it up... cut out old wheel opening and fabbed a new one turned out very nice. little bit of work though.

my last truck was a 2nd gen runner on a 84 extra cab frame. cut the body mount off. left the ones on the runner and lined it all up and welded to frame . mix a little bit of body lift in there to even it up... cut out old wheel opening and fabbed a new one turned out very nice. little bit of work though.

thanks for the reply! have any pics? i need a back seat.....

4runnermikeyb's rig is on a 83' frame w/2gen body. there is a few Pict's of it around including zukevs Walker thread. It's blue (looks black in pics) w/ boggers and 60s.

theres some pics of my runner after i sold it in the trail chatter section pg 2 (pics of liberty and naches...)

Latest posts