• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3/4 Eliptic Opinions

400sbk25

I think it would be a good way to gain a lil bit of lift and get lil more flex once I put my lift on. Ive seen guys that loved it and then talked to ppl that would only do it if they where linked. What does everyone think. I would be doing it on my 3/4 ton chev. So i think i would at the same time move my leaves under the frame. I will get a little winch for suck down for going down hills. I hear it unloads bad.

thoughts

you MUST have a link suspension to run 1/4 eliptical.

But not for 3/4 elliptical. I assume he just means adding a buggy leaf above the shackle. Not much real-world gain from what I've ever seen of them, and yes - poor unloading characteristics on descents and sidehills. The winch idea will help on descents, but not on sidehills unless you have a winch for each side.

teach me to pay more attention.

3/4 eliptical?

everybody i've seen run those has changed it.. too much droop pushing the vehicle UP, not forward, and HORRIBLE unloading caracteristics

My friend runs that "buggy leaf" set up and swears by it. We all think it sucks but he keeps building his rear end with 2 sets of springs. The biggest down fall I've seen is it gets hooked on obsticles and then bends and eventualy breaks springs. 3/4 sounds a little different though, does the inverted spring run forward or back? You'll still run the risk of breaking/bending springs I'm guessing.

My 1/4 eliptical functioned great untill it broke the spring, and that is under the weight of a samurai. Big Chevy would bend/brake much faster I would think. It would be the weak point in your suspension for sure

My friends rear shackle sticks way out and hangs low with his buggy set up, so it smashes into everything when he backs up. Flex's like crazy but seems to have very poor handling

I'm runnin' 3/4 ellips on my 'Yota...but it's 1/10th scale....haha! :nana1:

MVC-002F-1.jpg

Buggy leafs= ambishous but rubbish.

Build a nice traction arm for your rear suspension and hammer down. You really don't need all that much suspension travel. Particularly with a fullsize.

I'm runnin' 3/4 ellips on my 'Yota...but it's 1/10th scale....haha! :nana1:

MVC-002F-1.jpg

Thats gnarly:011::011:

As far as 3/4 eliptical goes.....thats **** was cool 10-12 years ago when it was ALL ABOUT THE RAMP.....OH YEAH......"I SCORED A 950 ON A 30*.....then my bogger started to pick" says the guy in the denum jorts with the mullet:rolleyes:

Traction bar,hack the fenders for clearence and head to Elbe:awesomework:

As far as 3/4 eliptical goes.....thats **** was cool 10-12 years ago when it was ALL ABOUT THE RAMP.....OH YEAH......"I SCORED A 950 ON A 30*.....then my bogger started to pick" says the guy in the denum jorts with the mullet:rolleyes:

That comment is pure win. I solute you.

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Latest posts