• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3/4 heims

pplblazerdude

YESUMM
I just recently purchased a used buggy and some of the heims are needing replaced. I am not sure of the brand of hems it currently has but they are 3/4 heims. I want to get something that is going to last and last a long time. What do you guys recommend. The buggy is a light two seater on one tons with 37's.

Thanks

Clint, I'd go with Barnes4WD. You can't beat their prices, and they have great reviews. I just ordered all new heims for the lowers on my build from Brad. Plus I had them the next day.

Brad is a great guy. I've used him before and can't beat supporting local dudes. I may just holler at him and go with it.

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

Yeah, it does. It's my old buggy, I beat the piss out of it and never had a problem. And it had been beaten on for years before I bought it. It's a pretty light rig.

hokie_yj said:
Yeah, it does. It's my old buggy, I beat the piss out of it and never had a problem. And it had been beaten on for years before I bought it. It's a pretty light rig.

I've seen too many break to hang a one ton on with a 3/4 heim, but to each his own.

matth_85 said:
It has 3/4 heims all the way around? Upper and lower??

It works so why change it? If I have problems then I will fix it. Like Ben said he beat it, guy before him did and, so will I. If it provides to be a issue I will work on it. Hopefully it never does.

But like he said it is a very light buggy

pu3a3aze.jpg

matth_85 said:
It has 3/4 heims all the way around? Upper and lower??

I beat my Purple Jeep for 7 years with 3/4 heims and it weighed 5,100 pounds. Replaced a few when they got slack in them. Bent some links, but never broke a heim. Make sure they are chromoly.

JohnG said:
I beat my Purple Jeep for 7 years with 3/4 heims and it weighed 5,100 pounds. Replaced a few when they got slack in them. Bent some links, but never broke a heim. Make sure they are chromoly.

I am prolly going to order the Barnes 4x4 ones. I do believe they are 4130 chromo heat treated.

Re:

Good ol' dale Larson has been running 3/4" heims on all his links for 2+ years now...and has broken very few...just sayin'
Lots of people give him crap for it, but they're still in there, and still holding up.
;)

Re:

Big86inthestixx said:
Good ol' dale Larson has been running 3/4" heims on all his links for 2+ years now...and has broken very few...just sayin'
Lots of people give him crap for it, but they're still in there, and still holding up.
;)

This! No one should ever worry about 3/4 heims if this guy don't, ruff stuff should sponsor this guy if that's what he runs.

I run 3/4" FK RSMX series on mine. Was going to point out Dale Larson as well. If he can get away with it I have no worries.

I ran chromo 3/4"'heims for two years with one tons and never broke one, I switched to rockwells and started Breakin em every trip out so I switched to FK 1.25 chromo lowers ... No issues , I blame the breakage to the xtra weight of the rock swinging off them